AndyLL

Derby League 2

Ooh, exciting finish!

#1 - POTUS thumps 8wombi nailing down 1st place and a bye.

#2 - 8wombi lost, but not in embarrassingly bad fashion, and thus comes in 2nd and has the other bye.

#3 - Wrath beats Gambit, coming in 3rd and facing the 6-seed in the first round.

#4 - Now it gets interesting. Gambit lost and Furiosa won, tying them at 10-7. However, Furiosa has the average % score lead and thus wins the tie-breaker, so Furiosa is 4th and faces the 5th seed who is...

#5 - Gambit! Gambit is 5th, so Furiosa vs Gambit is one first-round matchup.

#6 - Now, the big one. Furiosa won, which means Morphin lost. If ZeeSoh managed a win against JJ8, ZeeSoh would tie Morphin in record, and win the average % score tie-breaker, taking the 6th slot.

Spoiler

So... did ZeeSoh win?

Spoiler

Or did JJ8?

Spoiler

The winner was....

Spoiler

JJ8!

Spoiler

So, Morphin manages to hang onto the final slot, making the other first-round matchup Wrath vs Morphin.

#7 Even with the loss, ZeeSoh remains in 7th.

#8 Even with the win, JJ8 remains in 8th.

#9 FancyArcher wins their match against DAR and comes in 9th.

#10 DAR comes in 10th, in easily the most competitive top-to-bottom Derby league.

As a final note, I'll say that POTUS probably made a mistake winning the final week. Because if seedings hold during the first round, he'll now get Furiosa in the second round. If he'd lost, he'd have gotten me instead. When in doubt, take the path of least resistance.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Wrath said:

As a final note, I'll say that POTUS probably made a mistake winning the final week. Because if seedings hold during the first round, he'll now get Furiosa in the second round. If he'd lost, he'd have gotten me instead. When in doubt, take the path of least resistance.

I'll have to recheck the code but I believe it is reseeded every week during the playoffs.

I remember struggling with the code and having trouble coming up with a good way to do it and I ran out of time.  Something I'd like to change next time.

• Like 2

Ranking around 14-15th in terms of percentage out of 30 players, I had the highest percentage of anyone who got eliminated by a mile. In fact I would have easily qualified in every other team based on my win-loss number. But my luck got me into the toughest group of the league. FML :P

• Like 2

1st place: 3 Months in the 'League Champion' winner group ( gold account equivalent )

2nd place: 2 Months of premium ( $20 account credit )

3rd place: 1 Month of premium ( $10 account credit )

Name Place Wins Losses Ties Total %
The Fast and the Furiosa 1st 13 7 0 88.06%
Wrath 2nd 13 7 0 86.22%
8wombi7 3rd 13 7 0 87.35%
POTUS 4th 13 7 0 87.00%
GambitPool 5th 10 8 0 83.39%
JMorphin 6th 9 9 0 84.68%
ZeeSoh 7th 8 9 0 86.06%
JJ-8 8th 6 11 0 80.71%
Fancyarcher 9th 5 12 0 82.53%
DAR 10th 3 14 0 77.97%
  • Like 2