Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Laugh riot last night. I've been enjoying this second half a lot.

The last 10 minutes or so were spectacular. I laughed the whole time. The thirst for that dick was real. Eugene wanted to take that shit home with him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Meh at

Hide contents

the show not showing who Negan killed.

Holy crap so they did leak the episode 2 weeks ago. I can't believe AMC doesn't have the biggest scene in Walking Dead history on lockdown, or at least change it after its leaked.

1 minute ago, zerbs said:

Holy crap so they did leak the episode 2 weeks ago. I can't believe AMC doesn't have the biggest scene in Walking Dead history on lockdown, or at least change it after its leaked.

Don't know anything about a leak, but basically

Spoiler

he camera points at a bunch of different people and then cuts to a first-person view of Negan stopping in front of the camera and then introducing the camera to Lucille. We don't see who he stops in front of. Though I think it is safe to say that it's not Rick, Carl, or Maggie.

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Don't know anything about a leak, but basically

Hide contents

he camera points at a bunch of different people and then cuts to a first-person view of Negan stopping in front of the camera and then introducing the camera to Lucille. We don't see who he stops in front of. Though I think it is safe to say that it's not Rick, Carl, or Maggie.

That's exactly what leaked, it was on Yahoo news and everything. I would have filmed several endings if I were AMC so not even the actors knew what the official scene would be.

Edited by zerbs

This show was too intense for me.....not kidding.  It ruined me.  I was shaking once Negan shows up.  I'm glad I didn't read the spoilers because this episode and the entire second half of the season really knocked me on my ass.  

I will always have a special place in my heart for The Six Million Dollar Man.  It will always be my favourite TV show of all time, especially since it was what I grew up on.

Having said that, TWD is far and away imo the best show ever created on TV.  They have outdone themselves this year.  This was an incredible season and I can't wait for season 7.  I don't like how they ended it, not telling us who dies, but it will sure as hell get me to tune in next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

This show was too intense for me.....not kidding.  It ruined me.  I was shaking once Negan shows up.  I'm glad I didn't read the spoilers because this episode and the entire second half of the season really knocked me on my ass.  

I will always have a special place in my heart for The Six Million Dollar Man.  It will always be my favourite TV show of all time, especially since it was what I grew up on.

Having said that, TWD is far and away imo the best show ever created on TV.  They have outdone themselves this year.  This was an incredible season and I can't wait for season 7.  I don't like how they ended it, not telling us who dies, but it will sure as hell get me to tune in next season.

It was a great season! I am a little let down by the lack of reveal, but after watching the scene I feel better about it. Rick did an amazing job, showing the fear and doubt of the situation. Negans whole speech is 10 Minutes of dread. Makes you feel like your kneeling right there with the characters.

I do think one problem AMC might encounter is, who gets lucilled being revealed well before the season premier. It's gonna be interesting to see some of the promos for season 7. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baumer said:

As a huge fan, I completely agree the second back half of season 6 was amazing up until that finale stupid decision. I was really hoping the rumors were not true but they were. I can only name maybe an episode I didn't like in the entirety of Season 6. I wasn't a big fan of the mid season finale either but I knew that was part 1 of a 2 part story.

I also didn't like the Glenn dumpster thing because of how much of an emotional impact that the surprise had when it happened.

And here we are again. 

I heard the last 3 minutes of the Negan audio and nothing changed tonight. JDM was great on screen. They did an awesome job showing what a threat the Saviors really were. Little by little you could see Ricks "if we want anything in the world, we can take it" attitude starting to crack. The final scene was awesome until the cut to black. 

It was a horrible decision and it is getting massive backlash online. I haven't felt this let down from something I loved in a long time and I was counting down the days to this. I've been waiting years for this big scene. And they build up this incredible tension leading to Negan only to throw it all away with ANOTHER CHEAP GIMMICK.

If the show returns on this scene and shows the full head bashing, it's not going to have the full impact that it would have. It will probably be glimpsed at and then characters will mourn before moving onto something else. But THIS ACTUALLY built it up. It made you fear for the group. That scene was so freaking gripping until that moment. Now 7 months later all that's left is the surprise of who got it. It's infuriating that the writers would do that to the viewers.

This is the top rated show in America and they pissed off their fan base so badly. They didn't need to end it like that. They could have ended it leaving the group stranded with what they just saw and with no options but to abide by Negans demands. That was enough for Season 7! That set's it up. It DIDN'T NEED THIS. The impact that this characters death is going to have is gone. Kirkman said this characters death will be the start of a whole new storyline arc and that's why they did what they did. Yeah I don't buy it...it would have been the same if they had shown them die here.

The ending is so bad that Gimple and Kirkman had to respond live on Talking Dead due to all the bashing on twitter and social media. They couldn't even go live to the fans. Gimples resolution was that they'll make an episode so good that it will make up for this one and make the viewer go "I see what you did there, you are forgiven". 

But this trick might cost AMC in the end with a lot of viewers saying they are done with the show and sick of the cheap tricks. The audio leaked of one of the biggest scenes in the shows history. Filming starts in a few months. It's not going to stay a secret. Plus how are they going to even show the comic con trailer (which is usually 5 minutes) or any others without revealing who it was?

They really fucked up and it's such a huge letdown.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 3

I've been a fan of this show since it began and have been a comic book TWD fan for just as long.

This was supposed to be the moment that cemented this franchise as one of the greatest intellectual properties of all time.

A game changing villain,a major shake up to the status quo and most jarring, the death of a hero once thought untouchable.

It's one of the defining moments of The Walking Dead mythos . Like the Vader/Luke scene in Empire Strikes Back or the shower scene in Psycho,it's power is legendary. It temporarily turned away thousands of comic book fans who couldn't deal with it. 

This could have the same effect, but for the wrong reasons.

I expect most people to tune in in October, I just don't want the power of this scene to be diminished. 

I agree with you guys.  I hated the ending.  The whole build up to this season was knowing Lucille was going to bash someone's brains in.  It really pissed me off when they did what they did.  They knew we were all waiting for it and they teased us with it and then gave us Negan in all his glory played so malevolently by Morgan and then nothing.  It's a cheap way to end the season.

Then when I watched Talking Dead and they explained their decision, it kind of made sense to me.  I still don't like it because this one episode was the most intense thing I've ever seen in my life but when he explained that as a television property, you need a cliffhanger, I kind of understood where he was coming from.  Yes, it's a pisser and yes I think they fucked us but if they did show the killing, where does the season start next year?  

Don't get me wrong, I hate the decision, but it will certainly make me want to tune in for season 7.

Other than that horrible decision, it was a fucking epic season and an even more epic finale.  It made me shake...and JDM...holy shit!  That guy is fucking intense!

• Like 1

I finally got to see the finale and man that was intense.  It was all one mental torture scene for the group and us as viewers.  I was ready to throw my remote at one point that I was so amped up.  I can see why people are upset without seeing who it was, but it does work in wanting to see more which is what they need.  Good for the channel, bad for us viewers that have to wait :P 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Baumer said:

I agree with you guys.  I hated the ending.  The whole build up to this season was knowing Lucille was going to bash someone's brains in.  It really pissed me off when they did what they did.  They knew we were all waiting for it and they teased us with it and then gave us Negan in all his glory played so malevolently by Morgan and then nothing.  It's a cheap way to end the season.

Then when I watched Talking Dead and they explained their decision, it kind of made sense to me.  I still don't like it because this one episode was the most intense thing I've ever seen in my life but when he explained that as a television property, you need a cliffhanger, I kind of understood where he was coming from.  Yes, it's a pisser and yes I think they fucked us but if they did show the killing, where does the season start next year?  

Don't get me wrong, I hate the decision, but it will certainly make me want to tune in for season 7.

Other than that horrible decision, it was a fucking epic season and an even more epic finale.  It made me shake...and JDM...holy shit!  That guy is fucking intense!

That's the thing though, from a storytelling aspect, if it ended like it should have, then it starts right where it would have if it had just ended with "Ta da" instead. 

It could have started months later. There could be a time jump or shortly afterwards once the group was back in Alexandria. The impact of the character dying should have been felt in this episode not to open up Season 7. There shouldn't then be "On the next episode of The Walking Dead" after it. Because then people are just concerned with what's next and not on the actual characters death. This was the moment that would have had the greatest impact and they turned it into a cheap #whoisit hashtag. People would have tuned in to see Ricks group get revenge and how they would handle this huge situation. People weren't going to stop suddenly watching.

If they open up Season 7 back on this scene in 3rd person (sort of like they fixed the Prison battle in Season 4) it still won't have the same impact. They can't build that tension again. They open up to it...then it's like okay what's next? The season openers have been action packed lately and a way to have still done that was to show the death here. Now they have to deal with that in October and find a way to make it just as emotional.

It's a very hard task and I don't think they'll do it (no matter how much Gimple promised). Like you can split up the walk through the herd arc of this season and make that work. That was also a huge scene from the comics that reasonably could be two episodes (I mean it sucked waiting 3 months for the conclusion of it but it really was like Part 1 in a Part 2 series) but this was such a stupid gimmick. They had the chance to make it epic and that's why it is so infuriating. I'm still in a bad mood over it and I rewatched it without commercials.

And fans are really upset. There was a reason they couldn't go live on the Talkiing Dead and had to address it on air. Plus the commercials this time were obvious. Without them, the show was only 65 minutes out of a 93 minute run time.

I'm going to copy and paste what someone wrote on one of the pages:

"List of reasons the "cliffhanger" sucked (hint, none of the reasons are 'because I don't like cliffhangers'):
1. You took the most iconic and powerful scene from the comics and you didn't show it.
2. Not only did you not show it, you split it in half. By the time we see the other half, the emotional impact will be gone.
3. We've already waited a year to find out who dies. This just feels like stringing the audience along.
4. The identity of the person who dies will absolutely be spoiled by the start of next season, destroying the emotional impact even more.
5. The cast were all like 'it made me feel sick', and 'I was late to work because it was so sad', so they basically hyped it for nothing, because nobody died, except our faith in the writers.
6. This entire fiasco feels like a cheap ploy to get us to watch yet MORE ads.
7. It make us think that you're going to wuss out and kill of Abraham or some other 2nd rate character, instead of Daryl or Glenn or Michonne. You've just proven that you'll do anything to keep viewers coming back, so now we think you don't have the guts to kill off a fan favourite.

I like cliffhangers. But this wasn't a cliffhanger. It was a middle finger up to the fans, and it was storytelling suicide."

I don't know how I can be more letdown this summer after this. I guess we'll find out.

And if it does end up being Abraham, Sasha, Eugene, Rosita or Aaron after this long wait come October, I'll be even more pissed off about it.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

On the talking dead they said there are hints on who got killed. The Lucille shot isn't the only POV shot in the episode. The others were from someone in the group in the van. So I would guess the victim is one of those four. Michone, Daryl, Glen, or Rosita were the ones in the van.

10 minutes ago, zerbs said:

On the talking dead they said there are hints on who got killed. The Lucille shot isn't the only POV shot in the episode. The others were from someone in the group in the van. So I would guess the victim is one of those four. Michone, Daryl, Glen, or Rosita were the ones in the van.

It's probably going to be Glenn. If it's Daryll, I'll be shocked because right afterwards it's going to be brushed aside to move onto the next plot piece. Even Glenn is such a huge character that he doesn't deserve that.

The characters will mourn but it won't be the same and it won't be as big a surprise had they just gone through with it.

Glenn is the only one that wouldn't piss the fans off even more after all of this. The only characters that would fit the situation are: Glenn, Daryll, Maggie, Michonne, Rick and Carl. It's obviously not Rick and probably not Carl so that leaves the others.

If it's the other second rate characters, a lot could stop watching like they already have promised too because it proves the show lost it's "anyone can be killed mentality".

I also think this decision was all on AMC. The writers seemed like they were in damage control trying to just cover for the situation on Talking Dead. We already know AMC has had issues with show runners in the past.

Edited by somebody85