Porthos

Star Wars Resistance | Disney Channel and XD (Fall 2018) | Sequel Era "Anime inspired" animated series by Dave Filoni

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I don't think they are expected to be happy or to even consider watching this.

This is really obviously made for really young kids watching the Disney channel cartoons no ?

You're thinking logically, not how a certain sect of Star Wars fans think

1 hour ago, DAR said:

You're thinking logically, not how a certain sect of Star Wars fans think

<obligatory>

Commenting/complaining that it doesn't look like its something one would like? Not a problem.  In fact, a perfectly justified take.

Ranting about how it's kiddie/juvenile/SJWish/whatever?  Never a good look, especially for something like this.

</obligatory>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I imagine some people know they will watch anything remotely Star Wars related instead of passing it, being too hard for them not to with some collector/completist mindset, so they complain knowing they have to watch everything so everything need to be for them ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I imagine some people know they will watch anything remotely Star Wars related instead of passing it, being too hard for them not to with some collector/completist mindset, so they complain knowing they have to watch everything so everything need to be for them ?

I understand the impulse, but when it comes down to it Lucasfilm really IS trying to reach different markets for different things.  Even in the world of comics, they're going after different demos with their various lines.  And the world of prose, they REALLY are going after radically different demos.

So, ultimately, that's on them for not being able to not watch things they're not interested in.

'sides, that's what Wookieepedia is for. ;)

===

I'm more annoyed at the kneejerk piss-and-moan reaction, tbh.  Like, I can understand people not being happy that something out there isn't for them.  But being toxic and OTT about it?  Much less so.

Or, to put it another way:  Complain about something?  Fine.  Rant about it?  Not particularly.  

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, RandomCat said:

I've never seen Cowboy Beebop.

I rarely pull this card, but...

This needs to be fixed ASAP.  Not only is it a cultural landmark when it comes to animation in many ways, it's also damn good. 

It's also one of the very few times where the dub is actually equal to the sub. If not better, as a matter of personal taste.

I won't go full evangelical here, coz I nearly always hate it when I am on the receiving end of it, but I'll simply say that I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy it, given what I know of when it comes to your tastes.

14 hours ago, Porthos said:

I understand the impulse, but when it comes down to it Lucasfilm really IS trying to reach different markets for different things.  Even in the world of comics, they're going after different demos with their various lines.  And the world of prose, they REALLY are going after radically different demos.

So, ultimately, that's on them for not being able to not watch things they're not interested in.

'sides, that's what Wookieepedia is for. ;)

===

I'm more annoyed at the kneejerk piss-and-moan reaction, tbh.  Like, I can understand people not being happy that something out there isn't for them.  But being toxic and OTT about it?  Much less so.

Or, to put it another way:  Complain about something?  Fine.  Rant about it?  Not particularly.  

I couldn't agree more!

People do that everywhere, all the time and not just for Star Wars and that's tiring.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

I rarely pull this card, but...

This needs to be fixed ASAP.  Not only is it a cultural landmark when it comes to animation in many ways, it's also damn good. 

It's also one of the very few times where the dub is actually equal to the sub. If not better, as a matter of personal taste.

I won't go full evangelical here, coz I nearly always hate it when I am on the receiving end of it, but I'll simply say that I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy it, given what I know of when it comes to your tastes.

Its been on my list. Just haven't gotten around to it.

• Like 1

Been seeing A LOT of Robotech comparisons to Resistance.

Turns out, it's not exactly a coincidink:

And possibly a distinct call out:

====

Time to admit my own secret shame and mention I never actually watched Robotech/Macross. :blush:  Definitely one I have to get to one of these days.

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

So, looks like this show MIGHT take place approx six months before TFA.

YiBe40t.pngYiBe40t.pngYiBe40t.pngYiBe40t.pngYiBe40t.pngYiBe40t.pngYiBe40t.pngYiBe40t.png

Now this ain't confirmed yet because lolsitedata.  Stlll.... YiBe40t.png

If that is the case then I guess you'll get a bunch of voice cameos from minor Resistance figures to tie into the ST (Greg Grunberg, Ken Leung, etc.)

Might explain where all those TFA-specific characters were during TLJ

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

(higher quality YT vid)

As someone whose love for the X-Wing series of books is pretty damn strong, all I have to say is:

This deal is sounding better all the time! 

It's gonna be a little weird hearing Governor Price from Rebels as a Resistance pilot.

But my interest overall is rising.

Reminder:  The first four episodes will be online Sunday night.  The two that will air on Disney Channel, plus the next two that are set to air the following two weeks as well.

Seems to be getting fairly good reviews as well.