Eric Atreides

The Hate U Give l Fox l October 5 limited, October 19 wide l Available to rent for free

http://deadline.com/2018/05/fox-2000-the-hate-u-give-release-date-angie-thomas-amandla-stenberg-1202397117/

Fox 2000’s adaptation of Angie Thomas’ The Hate U Give is set to open in theaters on October 19. It shares a release date with Mowgli, Andy Serkis’ take on The Jungle Book as well as the revival of the horror franchise Halloween.

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is this that movie where they fired that troubled YouTube guy?

That was an MGM musical called Valley Girl. Shame, because they had already filmed it and given it a June 29th release date. Maybe they should've called Christopher Plummer...

Edited by Slambros

I think this will perform like Love, Simon. Like that movie, older appeal will be limited (especially with all the Oscar contenders releasing around it), and it’s not going to play well in rural/conservative areas. Plus, teens that can see R rated movies will have Venom and Halloween. The only way I see this breaking out is if there’s awards potential.

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think this will perform like Love, Simon. Like that movie, older appeal will be limited (especially with all the Oscar contenders releasing around it), and it’s not going to play well in rural/conservative areas. Plus, teens that can see R rated movies will have Venom and Halloween. The only way I see this breaking out is if there’s awards potential.

This isn't really relevant, but it is very unlikely that Venom will get an R rating. Especially with comments that Tom Hardy made at CinemaCon.

I wonder when they will release a trailer for this 

I honestly think this could be successful. The book has been on top of the NY times best seller list for YA books for over a year 

Edited by ban1o

4 hours ago, ban1o said:

I wonder when they will release a trailer for this 

I honestly think this could be successful. The book has been on top of the NY times best seller list for YA books for over a year 

I think within the 2 weeks to be shown with Uncle Drew. Most of the main October movies have released trailers this month so it make sense. 

• Like 1