25m Monday?

25 minutes ago, Sam said:

It’s 25M, he liked @ZeeSoh post

22 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

25m.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Great number. Ill copy my posts from the weekend thread because they are good information

4 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

If it follows Black Panther we get 138m 2nd weekend. If it follows Civil war it also end up with a close 136m. And if Ultron it gets to 147m

15 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

25m would be an incredibly good Monday only being 63.9% drop - besting all Marvel films outside of summer weekdays and holidays

• Like 5

I'll remain cautious and say some of it is probably spillover from the crowded weekend, but... is there a chance this could have a better multiplier than the original Avengers? Maybe I should quit doubting Marvel while I'm behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I consider myself to be a realistic MCU fan so when BP started making the numbers it did I automatically accepted that its domestic gross was going over IW’s to the chagrin of more  hardcore MCU fans. Now chances are they were right all along. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

I consider myself to be a realistic MCU fan so when BP started making the numbers it did I automatically accepted that it’s domestic gross was going over IW’s to the chagrin of more  hardcore MCU fans. Now chances are they were right all along. 

Same here. Really not looking forward to being wrong (well, that's only half true). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rman823 said:

I consider myself to be a realistic MCU fan so when BP started making the numbers it did I automatically accepted that it’s domestic gross was going over IW’s to the chagrin of more  hardcore MCU fans. Now chances are they were right all along. 

Thankfully, I'm not a hardcore MCU fan but that would have saddened me, even if BP is an excellent movie it's just not the same ambition and scale than IW, IW is really what many of us waited for so many years to happen.

• Like 1

My 30M prediction was only off like 20%. No big deal.

So I’m gonna stick with 30M Tuesday too. See how it goes. It’s gotta be right at some point.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, I remember @IronJimbo talking about 25m Monday, he was right :(

No TFA weekdays :(

Sure it's obviously great in this context but still ^^"

People expecting TFA weekdays is foolish in all senses. To compete with Christmas holidays in a random week in April? 

25m is a better hold than Avengers 1, which did 3x

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

I'll remain cautious and say some of it is probably spillover from the crowded weekend, but... is there a chance this could have a better multiplier than the original Avengers? Maybe I should quit doubting Marvel while I'm behind.

It's only been 4 days but the % it keeps beating Avengers by daily is increasing.  That is a very good sign. 

• Like 7

32% above Avengers 1.    

Also appears to be 32% above the previous schoolday Monday record. What a coincidence, huh?  

Also, copied from the end of the weekend thread:

14 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

At this point anything AM&TW makes is chump change for Marvel. 

AM&tW is critical for getting the 2018 MCU:   

A) one full Avengers1 over the 2017 MCU, WW   

B ) a domestic total above JW’s WW   

And potentially c) domestically above non-MCU Disney for the year and maybe every other studio

Just now, Rman823 said:

I consider myself to be a realistic MCU fan so when BP started making the numbers it did I automatically accepted that its domestic gross was going over IW’s to the chagrin of more  hardcore MCU fans. Now chances are they were right all along. 

These numbers are outrageously good but ppl should slow down on the 800M predix, Sat & Sun were essentially at capacity meaning major spillover

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

My 30M prediction was only off like 20%. No big deal.

So I’m gonna stick with 30M Tuesday too. See how it goes. It’s gotta be right at some point.

I'm still hoping actuals bring it up to my 26.9M prediction, lol

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

These numbers are outrageously good but ppl should slow down on the 800M predix, Sat & Sun were essentially at capacity meaning major spillover

I know but over BP domestic is looking good right now. 

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

...what? If Saturday was at capacity with 82m, how on earth was Sunday at capacity with 69m