aabattery

Monday Numbers - A:IW 24.74M

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, both is a very possible combination.    

And hey, if we get very lucky, we might even be able to pull off 0.8A! Wouldn’t that be a feat, to come almost within 20% of the throne.

Let's not be hasty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

China's growth is what's causing trouble, this china money simply wasn't available. I still think it's more likely that IW sits below Titanic than above it.

Vagaries of the market. 

Avatar most likely wouldn't be above Titanic 12 years later even sans inflation adjustment if the the dollar wasn't at it's nadir in 2009 and there weren't more emerging markets then than in 1997.

Titanic still has the most impressive domestic and WW run in the last 75 years.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 5

Titanic is .78A :P If you think it has the possibility to be in play with a China breakout, than surely .8A has to be as well? I’m not suggesting something absurd like 5/6A.

21 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

At this point only 500 is locked and 600 is looking good. 700 is still a question mark. We will have to see its second weekend to see where it might head up. 

800 is just plain stupid

I like you as a poster so don’t take offense but saying “600 is looking good” is a bit silly too. It will be very close or at 600 before Deadpool 2 opens.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Vagaries of the market. 

Avatar most likely wouldn't be above Titanic 12 years later even sans inflation adjustment if the the dollar wasn't at it's nadir in 2009 and there weren't more emerging markets then than in 1997.

Titanic still has the most impressive domestic and WW run in the last 75 years.

Gone with the Wind was released 11+ times, did it have a single run which was better than Titanic's?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Titanic is .78A :P If you think it has the possibility to be in play with a China breakout, than surely .8A has to be as well? I’m not suggesting something absurd like 5/6A.

we'll get the 25 years anniversary in 2022 re-release and reclaim the 4th spot ( behind Avatar,A2,A3)

44 minutes ago, Sam said:

My 30M prediction was only off like 20%. No big deal.

So I’m gonna stick with 30M Tuesday too. See how it goes. It’s gotta be right at some point.

Maybe try that $30m Thursday ;) 

@KP1025, I couldnt quote you in the weekend thread

@POTUS What do you think about this Monday number? $25 million would be just a 64% drop from Sunday compared to 67% for The Avengers and 74% for Ultron.

---------------------

Monday's hold confirms WoM spillover as it did Sunday. I think that leads to a better than 50% hold (TA1 -50.3%) next weekend and a better OW multi than TA1 (3.005x)

I give $800m a better than 50/50 chance 

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

I knew you were going to say that, but it’s not the A4 I had in mind :P 

continuations of sagas released within 1 year of each other historically gross within -+10%, problem is china though they're unpredictable

32 minutes ago, Sam said:

:hahaha:

Gonna need:

- 1B OS minus China (2.6x leg from OS opening so this is actually pretty probable)

- 500M China (optimistic projection from the last few days seem to be 400M so I’m gonna say more than likely ‘no’ on this one)

- 700M Dom (I’m really scared to predict this gigantic number, so I’ll say ‘no’ here too)

Some of these numbers are optimistic still, but none are outlandish with what we currently know.

Edited by Thanos Legion