aabattery

Monday Numbers - A:IW 24.74M

15 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

It'll be nice if BP can stick around the top 10 till Deadpool weekend, it'd tie Avatar for number of weeks in the top 10. Basically 0% chance of that happening but still.

Optimistically it could be 5th this weekend after IW, AQP, IFP, and Overboard.    

7th on its 13th weekend after those+Breaking in+Life of the Party.   

14th weekend DP2, Show Dogs, Book Club, push it down to 10th — but depending on how hard it is hit by DVD release it could maaaybe pass Overboard or IFP here for 9th or 8th.     

Nothing but Solo opening 15th weekend, might be able to cling to 10th and beat Avatar.

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

Infinity War had the 2nd best Monday drop of movies in the top 10.

After having the lowest Sunday drop by a wide margin.

To put the holds in perspective, it's Monday is about 37% of it's true opening Friday.   A Quiet Place's Monday is 27% of it's Friday

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Nothing is a lock but I'd say it's quite good.  But hey it's otherworldy numbers are also helping BP get to $700m.

Deadpool and Solo won't cut into its legs the week 4-5? It should get to 600M or near 600M by the 4th weekend, but won't it be hard after that with 2 movies that will be opening wide? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YLF said:

Deadpool and Solo won't cut into its legs the week 4-5? It should get to 600M or near 600M by the 4th weekend, but won't it be hard after that with 2 movies that will be opening wide? 

I think by that point it can fly under the radar, similar to how Wonder Woman kept legging on despite multiple July releases. But we shall see soon enough.

50 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

BP powers were not stripped eway!!

42 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

I just keep looking at these numbers, and it remembers me of this exchange:

tumblr_lkgq42Gcp11qhqbz9o1_500.gif

Bananas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, YLF said:

At the current pace it's going it will be at $600m before it's 4th w/e.   

They might keep it from hitting $800m.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IW is still selling extremely well near me. Idk if its the deals for tues but given the numbers from yesterday I don't think thats the reason. Premium formats are selling well, too - like dolby

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Black Panther is returning to my theater this weekend :jeb!: 

:o   

Literally half an hour ago I saw your post in the Buzz thread and was going to joke “they should just add Black Panther back.”

• Haha 2

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

:o   

Literally half an hour ago I saw your post in the Buzz thread and was going to joke “they should just add Black Panther back.”

Smart move given they aren't getting Tully or Overboard. There's no way keeping Traffik would've been a good decision :lol: