Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Gotta say it doesn't sound as bad as I was expecting. 

I for one really love a lot of Superhero movies pre-MCU (ahem Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy for the most part). They aren't caught up in being this big shared universes, so maybe that just means that the movie is cheekier and is much smaller-scale. Idk what to make of it but I'm intrigued. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, grim22 said:

That seems to be it for social media reactions currently. Other critics haven't tweeted yet.

If this is the optimized hand picked for the best possible social media reaction people reaction, I imagine actual critics review could be wild one way or an other (I suspect the bad way)

I'm sure you're looking at like 25-30% on Rotten Tomatoes but it sounds like unintentionally or not there's gonna be some hilarity to be had which is sort of the best case scenario for quite some time. I'm ready

Just now, Pinacolada said:

Besides that DanielPRK clown who shouldn't be invited to screenings, the early reactions arent terrible

I am not sure he actually ever is invited to screenings, or even has any inside info. All his info comes out after others have reported stuff and there is never any actual proof he has provided. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That seems to be it for social media reactions currently. Other critics haven't tweeted yet.

Maybe they're saving their reactions for their reviews lol.

Gotta admit these reactions aren't nearly as bad as I expected. Sounds like it's similar to most of DC's movie output this decade: mediocre and forgettable (though with some unintentional laughs) instead of outright bad or as terrible as fanboy communities will probably make it out to be.

Edited by filmlover

I'm lol-ing at those reactions saying that it feels like a comic book movie out of 15 years ago. Does that mean the Eminem song is gonna be everywhere soon like that annoying Evanescence song from Daredevil was back in the day?

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm lol-ing at those reactions saying that it feels like a comic book movie out of 15 years ago. Does that mean the Eminem song is gonna be everywhere soon like that annoying Evanescence song from Daredevil was back in the day?

Annoying? Or classic

• Like 3

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 1

Sounds about as bad as expected. 

This is what you get when you hire a hack like Fleischer. Guy couldn't make a good movie out of a cast that included Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, and Emma Stone. 

Like Daredevil? Like Catwoman? Yeesh. 

So i guess i can share my reaction...

Plot bad.Hardy bad.Villain bad.Supporting cast ehhh.Characters unlikeable and/or uninteresting.Action acceptable.

The film lost me pretty early on and never commanded my full attention except in a scene or two towards the finale.Hell at some point i catched myself thinking a study plan for college...and i am a very lazy student.

It's a shame because the cast is ver6 talwnted and everyvsingle one of them was wasted.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Maybe they're saving their reactions for their reviews lol.

Gotta admit these reactions aren't nearly as bad as I expected. Sounds like it's similar to most of DC's movie output this decade: mediocre and forgettable (though with some unintentional laughs) instead of outright bad or as terrible as fanboy communities will probably make it out to be.

From the reactions it does not sound like a DCU movie at all, I have no idea what you are talking about. The movies it's most compared to are from the early 2000's, which have a very unique kind of tone.

Anyways, I'm ready for this! I honestly think I will have fun with this one if Tom Hardy really did go for a comic tone here. It sure as hell doesn't sound forgettable anyway.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I love the idea that if you re able to show blood or say fuck in your movie, you are more likely to create something unique.

How fucking reductive and basic.

Who's saying that beyond dumbass Venom fans?