Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Deadpool and Venom Updates from Writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick

We did. A long time ago, and it likely will not become a movie in that form. Too many things have happened in between now and then and different people have been involved, and it's just likely not to happen in the form that we wrote it, unfortunately.

[it was a] realistic, grounded, a little more dark take on the character. Eddie Brock was a conflicted character, and so I don't think it could've been Peter Parker.

Yeah it was definitely kind of dark and soul search-y. We love it and we're proud of it. Imagine a symbiote traveling across a city at some point in the movie, jumping from body to body as it goes, and each person that it inhabits ends up becoming really violent and striking someone else and then it jumps to the next person. There was a really cool sequence like that in there.

Venom should never have been made into some kind of an anti-hero in the first place. The only true way to do justice for him in film, is to have him be Spider-Man's main villain. How hard is it to have a Sin-Eater storyline at the beginning of the film, which then leads to Venom? I could write up a treatment in like twenty minutes that would be 100 times better than anything they could come up with for a solo Venom film. And I don't even like Venom that much. Yet, I know the best potential for the character is as Spidey's villain, not on his own. Ugh.

Venom should never have been made into some kind of an anti-hero in the first place. The only true way to do justice for him in film, is to have him be Spider-Man's main villain. How hard is it to have a Sin-Eater storyline at the beginning of the film, which then leads to Venom? I could write up a treatment in like twenty minutes that would be 100 times better than anything they could come up with for a solo Venom film. And I don't even like Venom that much. Yet, I know the best potential for the character is as Spidey's villain, not on his own. Ugh.

I like him but needs to be the villain in a spider man film. His is the anti spiderman. Making him the anti hero is lame way to make look good. 

My thoughts?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please do not put me through what SM3 did to me! I can't even describe in words that atrocious,freak-ass, alien weirdo, piece-of-shit thing they called venom in SM3. I thought blood was going to come out of my eyes from how severely pissed off I was, and having to actually see that thing on screen. Just leave Venom alone please. LEAVE HIM ALONE, AND ALSO CARNAGE.

Venom and Carnage are my 2 fav characters from the TV show (more than spidey himself......yep.....I'm a villain kind of gal B) )

• Like 2

My thoughts?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please do not put me through what SM3 did to me! I can't even describe in words that atrocious,freak-ass, alien weirdo, piece-of-shit thing they called venom in SM3. I thought blood was going to come out of my eyes from how severely pissed off I was, and having to actually see that thing on screen. Just leave Venom alone please. LEAVE HIM ALONE, AND ALSO CARNAGE.

Venom and Carnage are my 2 fav characters from the TV show (more than spidey himself......yep.....I'm a villain kind of gal B) )

What? SM3 and the upcoming Venom movie will be a different creative team, so the similarities end at both are at Sony. Venom in SM3 had major problems that started in pre-production.

My thoughts?

I completely agree. Venom from Spider-Man 3 wasn't Venom. He spent most of the time outside of the symbiote mask for god sakes.

If you wanna do a Venom movie, make it a little humorous, like a black comedy.

• Like 3

With Marvel characters, the villains are victims of circumstance. If you look at our villains, none of them were born like that. Our villains are nice and complex and in the world of film writing you can play with that, you can make some wonderful things out of it. The Spider-Man universe has amazing villains, they are all character driven.....Our villains all represent a different side of the misunderstood, and some of them unfortunately turned to the dark side. Venom happened to be a phenomenal character. With Eddie Brock, or if you do Flash Thompson, it doesn't matter who is going to be inside the suit – what's important is that a man like him is going to realize there comes a time when you wake up in the morning and say 'How did I get here? There must be a better way.

Venom hated only one guy – Spider-Man. He wasn’t innately bad, he was a shortcut guy, not really into fighting hard for achievement. That’s the Venom story. Can he also be a good guy? As you know, Venom was also called ‘lethal defender of the innocent’. We had a great history with him, especially caring for the homeless, which is a very sensitive issue and something that many of us are very concerned with… a man like him is going to realise there comes a time when you wake up in the morning and say ‘How did I get here? There must be a better way.’

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/12/inside-the-spider-man-movie-brain-trust-and-the-decision-to-make-venom-see-the-error-of-his-ways/

We -- you know, myself and my partners at Sony, and Avi and Matt -- we’ve been trying to figure out how to develop a larger universe and there are some very exciting things coming around the corner with "The Sinister Six" and "Venom" and future Spider-Man movies. I want to be involved in any way I possibly can and we’re already talking. We’ve had these really wonderful discussions and there’s already been some announcements, but you know Alex and Bob and Drew Goddard and a lot of these really brilliant minds who are young and emerging are helping us develop something a little bit more elaborate and exciting. It’s just been a blast. It’s sort of a dream come true. We’ve had fantasies about what we could do and they’re slowly coming to reality. I’m really excited about that.