Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

1 minute ago, SpiritComix said:

You must be a teenager, calling the work of hundreds of people "garbage".

Man, I hate this aspect of the internet.

And many ""modern superhero movies"" are looking good, if you can overcome your bias and look, you may see it.

They made a product and I'm allowed to criticize it :lol:

And yea there are. Logan is beautiful. Wonder Woman looks nice. Black Panther looks as if it will be impressive. 

I'm just saying what I see here looks nice and better than some others in the genre 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

You must be a teenager, calling the work of hundreds of people "garbage".

Man, I hate this aspect of the internet.

And many ""modern superhero movies"" are looking good, if you can overcome your bias and look, you may see it.

No, they look like TV movies. I disagree on Civil War to some extent as the Russos definitely bring their own aesthetic to the MCU, but Homecoming and Justice League and even Doctor Strange are boring to look at outside of their visual effects (and sometimes even then). The latter gets a pass from a lot of people because of its effects but outside of that you could tell it was directed by a journeyman like Derrickson. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

No, they look like TV movies. I disagree on Civil War to some extent as the Russos definitely bring their own aesthetic to the MCU, but Homecoming and Justice League and even Doctor Strange are boring to look at outside of their visual effects (and sometimes even then). The latter gets a pass from a lot of people because of its effects but outside of that you could tell it was directed by a journeyman like Derrickson. 

Disagree. Ben Davis is a pretty good cinematographer.

12 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I'll say this...Guardians Vol II and Ragnarok looked good, but that might be more due to production/costume design than cinematography. 

It sounds like you really need to learn more about cinematography.

• Like 2

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

If they released the trailer, they thought it was ready and good enough.

Sony apparently also thinks it's OK to cold-call bloggers and complain about the coverage they're receiving...that doesn't make it right. 

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Sony apparently also thinks it's OK to cold-call bloggers and complain about the coverage they're receiving...that doesn't make it right. 

Bloggers are assholes. Funny that they are actually talking about Sony calling them. Many studios in the past have called bloggers and viewed their displeasure, but bloggers didn't come and reveal. Now all of a sudden they do. No guesses why.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Jokes about a certain timecode in the trailer. Just like It. Massive breakout incoming 

This is a good point...

When internet culture latches onto something for whatever purpose, the thing they latch onto, whether it's a film or a video game or a shoe, usually gains a very healthy amount of what is basically free advertising.

When Tom Harry's angry seizure fully makes the transition into a meme like I think it will, that meme will continue to represent the film all throughout its life-cycle.

So that's a really interesting point. I think the internet's reaction has certainly cemented the awareness of the film.

Edited by slambros

1:16 is Sony after reading the Venom teaser reactions.

I think anything they release was gonna be over-written and forgotten by the epic movies coming from now to Summer. Best to release the first full trailer once JWFK is done with it's marketing or even later, say in July. Then Sept can have the 2nd full trailer.

• Like 6