Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

“The one thing you can’t ignore is the fans. There was a rejection going on with having another Spider-Man come out so soon, and you have to listen to the fans in this world. We all took a good look in the mirror and said, we have to try to have to figure it out and revamp it.”

Announcing three spinoffs to combat the fatigue you just acknowledged :worthy:

• Like 12

So it looks like Spiderman, Untitled Female (likely Black Cat), and Venom vs Sinister Six. Sad thing is, even with this, TASM3 still likely wont pass $336M. If TASM and TASM2 werent...this would be putting up gangbusters. Oh well.

• Like 1

It makes ZERO SENSE to do a Venom/Carnage spin off movie.  They should be the main Villains of the Next Spidey movie.  What makes Sony think these spins off will do so great?  People want to see Spidey Period.  They are taking the wrong approach.  All the Spin Off should of been pushed back and TASM 3 should of still been on schedule for 2016. 

Edited by filmscholar

It makes ZERO SENSE to do a Venom/Carnage spin off movie.  They should be the main Villains of the Next Spidey movie.  What makes Sony think these spins off will do so great?  People want to see Spidey Period.  They are taking the wrong approach.  All the Spin Off should of been pushed back and TASM 3 should of still been on schedule for 2016.

After the performance of AS2, I don't think people want to see Spidey much right now period.

After the performance of AS2, I don't think people want to see Spidey much right now period.

Yes domestically it underperformed but it's still Spider-man and ripped off over 700 WW. You really think general audiences want to see Two of Spidey's Villians in their own movie?  I'm even unsure about "The Sinister 6" film.  I think they should of just stayed on schedule then had the Spin-offs after TASM trilogy was done.  Pushing Spidey 6 back to 2018 isn't going to change anything.  They might as well reboot the whole thing for waiting that long.   If they feel the spin-offs will lead to a bigger TASM 3 gross I don't know about that logic unless they are trying to throw The Sinister 6 and Venom and Carnage at Spidey for the last film.

• Like 1

Why the hell is Sony trying to do ?

TASM 2 was the worst SM movie ever and one of the worst SH movie ever, why are they doing a Sinister Six movie ? And why Venom ? Why is Webb back for TASM 3 ? What happened to TASM 4 ?

What a trainwreck, SM deserves much better than this.

Let's just forget everything, let the franchise sleep for 5-6 years and then reboot it. Or sell it.

Edited by Clef Ment