Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Yeah, Test-screenings...before the movie has even finished filming. 

Spoiler

First, the spaceship is the cold open and doesn't have anything to do with Eddie becoming Venom.

Second, Brock is still a disgraced journalist who resided at NY, not a convict. He moves on after getting the suit to live at SF working as a waiter.

Third, Venom has more scenes: A montage at the beginning and the fight scenes. It's 30 minutes in total, which is more than just fighting a noncharacter at the end of the movie. However, he doesn't have the white emblem or the tongue, and only talks normally after Eddie and the Symb have made peace, which happens on the third act. He's not just a "suit" and there's a lot of emphasis on the Symbiote/Brock dynamic.

Fourth, There are more than two symbiotes, and the whole third act is focused on their race.

That's enough.

Edited by JFinK

17 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don't even care about this film whatsoever, but this is one hell of a sick burn. Also, it's clear to me that Hardy is committed to the role. 

If you really think about it...this is exactly the character Hardy would be attracted to.  He says it right there in the trailer.  Everyones got their issues, their problems.  Hardy has dealt with some tough things, he's an alchoholic, and pretty much recovered from it.  But the guy has demons inside for sure.  He's the perfect casting for Eddie/Venom.  If the director and the script come thru this could actually be what we all thought a joke of a movie to one of the best, most personal comic movies there have been.  Hardy is prob my fav actor right now and I think this could end up being really fucking good.  

• Like 3

On 3/20/2018 at 6:59 PM, grim22 said:

So the latest rumor about the movie is

Reveal hidden contents

We don't see the Venom suit till the final battle and it slowly takes over Hardy throughout the movie till the final reveal

If that turns out to be true, i expect the same complaints the first trailer saw to be continued for future trailers.

On 3/29/2018 at 6:08 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

Venom's composer will be the same one from Black Panther

http://deadline.com/2018/03/black-panther-composer-ludwig-goransson-sony-venom-score-1202355798/

This movie has some interesting people. The DP worked in Iron man 1 and 2, the composer worked in Black Panther...

I feel this might really be an MCU film too.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, grim22 said:

So the latest rumor about the movie is

Reveal hidden contents

If that turns out to be true, i expect the same complaints the first trailer saw to be continued for future trailers.

...That actually seems like a good idea to me.

I have a huge feeling that a second trailer might be coming soon online and to play at screenings of Deadpool 2. I think a Third Trailer might play at the end of summer. The reason why I say is Sony seems to release three trailers for a movie usually.

Edited by manny1234