Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

So Sony is really really trying with this aren't they. They even got Tom Hardy to sign on for it. I guess Hardy was getting sick of all the success and decided one flop will do. 

?

Hardy as a good list of flop already, for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_44_(film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Road_(film)

23 minutes ago, John Marston said:

So what if the filmmakers of the Marvel Spidey films want to use any of these characters? This makes no fucking sense! 

The last leaked contract show a long list of spiderman character own by Sony (all of them mostly), if Marvel (or sony want to use MCU to help) want to use them they need to make a deal a la Spiderman, chance are not nill that it will have only one MCU Spidey film ever made.

Just now, Barnack said:

The last leaked contract show a long list of spiderman character own by Sony (all of them mostly), if Marvel (or sony want to use MCU to help) want to use them they need to make a deal a la Spiderman, chance are not nill that it will have only one MCU Spidey film ever made.

I'm curious where Spider-Woman stands, I think that'd be a good one for Sony and Marvel to do together but I don't know who owns it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

The deal is two films by Marvel Studios. Right now. I'm still not entirely convinced that Venom is actually happening though. Or if it's happening, it is what we think it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

The deal is two films by Marvel Studios. Right now. I'm still not entirely convinced that Venom is actually happening though. Or if it's happening, it is what we think it is. 

It's a sequel to Life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I'm curious where Spider-Woman stands, I think that'd be a good one for Sony and Marvel to do together but I don't know who owns it

According to the old leaked document name disputed characters (from 2011, so it could have changed with the last 2 new revision of that deal):

Spider-Woman II/Julia Cornwall Carpenter:  SPE can have exclusively.

It include those characther that come with her:

Antro
Arachne/Dr Sylvia Yacqua
Therak

Seem like Spider Woman 1/Jessica Drew with LockSmith, Excaliber, Rupert Dockery are not certainly exclusive to Sony.

Dracul/Werewolf/Vlad 3 dravula are other character retained by Marvel.

You can see in those contract that Marvel put some condition on what Sony had the right to do with Spider-Man, he must be named peter parker and he must be a heterosexual caucasian male of average height, brown hair, brown eye. Cannot smoke, drink or use drugs, no sex before age 16 and does not have sex with anyone below 16.

When they updated the deal in 2011, they removed the caucasian and not popular in school clause and the webbing does not need to come out of the wrist anymore.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

According to the old leaked document name disputed characters (from 2011, so it could have changed with the last 2 new revision of that deal):

Spider-Woman II/Julia Cornwall Carpenter:  SPE can have exclusively.

It include those characther that come with her:

Antro
Arachne/Dr Sylvia Yacqua
Therak

Seem like Spider Woman 1/Jessica Drew with LockSmith, Excaliber, Rupert Dockery are not certainly exclusive to Sony.

Dracul/Werewolf/Vlad 3 dravula are other character retained by Marvel.

You can in those contract that Marvel put some condition on what Sony had the right to do with Spider-Man, he must be named peter parker and he must be a heterosexual caucasian male of average height, brown hair, brown eye. Cannot smoke, drink or use drugs, no sex before age 16 and does not have sex with anyone below 16.

When they updated the deal in 2011, they removed the caucasian and not popular in school clause and the webbing does not need to come out of the wrist anymore.

I imagine ideally the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman would be the one Sony and Marvel would go for since she's the well known version.

• Like 2