Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Hey, if I were Feige, I would actually be happy about this - Amy Pascal literally giftwrapped him Tom Hardy as Venom for his franchise, like totally gifted him one of the most elite actors in the world as one of Marvel's greatest villains, and she's also gifting him some setup for the Homecoming sequels and maybe some Avengers flicks.

Well, she is in her mind, at the very least :lol:

• Like 4

I doubt venom being a part of the MCU was the deal that Marvel made with Sony. Anyways, Pascal can say what she wants but I'm sure there are legal issues at play here which might not allow Venom to be a part of the MCU outside of the Spiderman movies.

14 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I doubt venom being a part of the MCU was the deal that Marvel made with Sony. Anyways, Pascal can say what she wants but I'm sure there are legal issues at play here which might not allow Venom to be a part of the MCU outside of the Spiderman movies.

You forget that it is Tom Hardy. Venom as the villain in Avengers 5. 

6 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

You forget that it is Tom Hardy. Venom as the villain in Avengers 5. 

Actually have them face the new ones (Falcon (as Cap), Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Hulk) against the Dark Avengers (Venom, Osborn (as Patriot), Moonstone, White Wolf, Mordo and Red Hulk)

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

It could be one of those deals where Daredevil and Agents of Shield are part of the MCU, but you never hear about the television characters in the movies.

Theoretically Venom could interact with Captain America and Hulk, he just never will.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Well that sucks! Here I was hoping for a Carnage, Kraven and Mysterio solo movies. :(

12 minutes ago, a2knet said:

There will be a couple of other villains too. Basically they are re-making SM3.

He said Kraven and Mysterio are appearing in other projects. This is from the THR article:

Other projects will focus on Kraven the Hunter and Mysterio. The idea, says a studio source, is to build out a world gradually rather than launch one immediately, as they had been trying with Spider-Man villain ensemble Sinister Six, which has been shelved.

So I dunno, maybe they are getting solo movies after all. Crazy as hell but could be fun.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1