Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

MCU sticks 45,000 characters in IW: "brilliant! Smash! My body is ready!"

Sony sticks 4 or 5 characters in Venom: "hacks, idiots, morons, etc."

:ph34r:

Now someone will tell me that in IW, all those characters will make sense and work (although nobody has seen a single frame of either film).

14 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Now someone will tell me that in IW, all those characters will make sense and work (although nobody has seen a single frame of either film).

Actually cluttering seems to be the biggest fear regarding IW. I'm personally excited to see all those characters together but very apprehensive about how they'll achieve that without it feeling like it's just too much.

This case is different anyway as these characters will be all introduced in the same movie. You are right about something though, it's not that many characters once I really looked at that, it just felt like that cause I was somehow confusing rumors from their other planned film with rumors from this one.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Actually, Age of Ultron was a complete clusterfuck, so I have no doubt IW will be just a bad.

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I think the number of characters could be problematic but no one knows if it will be an issue until it premieres. It could be a huge plus with the huge scope or a huge clusterfuck. But Marvel is able to take that risk with the goodwill from the GA

With Venom, Sony just needs to make a good comic book movie. The recent output was awful, so stacking characters into an origin movie is very risky. Adding characters also could take screen time from Venom.

Just imagine if WW had added Tigress as a villain. Now, the movie would of needed to explain her character which would of probably taken screen time from Diana/Steve which is a very important dynamic.

15 hours ago, AndyK said:

You must have hated Avengers.

The characters in that film were already established. They weren't cramming several origin stories into one film. Sony's already done this twice with Spider-Man 3 and TASM2. And if they add another character that's supposed to turn into a villain or superhero, it'll be the third time they've tried pulling this.

And if you need a reminder, Sony is total shit when it comes to learning from previous mistakes.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 2

On 2017-7-12 at 10:46 AM, Cochofles said:

Well, Disney Marvel has proven that they can cluster a huge bunch of characters in one movie (Avengers, Civil War)... they can even introduce an ensemble of characters in one movie (GOTG). Age Of Ultron and Iron Man 2 are examples of them getting it wrong, but they have more evidence of doing a good job w/a big number of characters than otherwise imo.

In Sony's case, they've tried it twice (and I don't think that the amount of characters in neither films was as big as some of those successful at juggling that many people MCU movies) and both movies did not even come close to working as a whole (Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man 2).

Don't wanna sound defensive or fanboy (I Goddamn hate it when I sound like a fanboy), but there is a line of difference here when it comes to body of work and proof of confidence. On their own, since 2007, Sony have yet to prove that they can be trusted with doing a good movie with the Spider-Man property that doesn't involve Marvel Studios' hand. The 1st two Raimi films came out in 2002 and 2004 respectively, more than a decade ago, and they've had 3 misfires since. If Venom - a movie that shouldn't even exist, since how the fuck do you explain Venom's existance in a world without Spider-Man... Venom literally is a bulkier, dark colored and more powerful Spider-Man, after all - falls to the same pittrap (and Amy Pascal is not that trustworthy to do a good enough production job on this to avoid it), then Sony really need to study up on their Albert Einstein ("definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results"). :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 5

On 7/13/2017 at 9:01 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well, Disney Marvel has proven that they can cluster a huge bunch of characters in one movie (Avengers, Civil War)... they can even introduce an ensemble of characters in one movie (GOTG). Age Of Ultron and Iron Man 2 are examples of them getting it wrong, but they have more evidence of doing a good job w/a big number of characters than otherwise imo.

By cluster you mean what, 7, 8, nine characters? 10 at most?  Isn't IW supposed to have over 60? (Or was that some BS that I heard?)

6 hours ago, Cochofles said:

By cluster you mean what, 7, 8, nine characters? 10 at most?  Isn't IW supposed to have over 60? (Or was that some BS that I heard?)

Isn't 7 to 10 main characters in one movie already a cluster on its own?

I don't know how many Infinity War is gonna have, nor am I certain that they're gonna make it work...  I'm just saying - they've worked w/impossible odds before. Not a lot of people had that much confidence in Avengers 1 being a good movie.

Looks like we are gonna have Sony Marvel Uni (SMU) vs MCU flame wars now, as if DCEU vs MCU wasn't enough. :ph34r:

Another R-rated CBM after DP and Logan, Venom vs Carnage, Tom Hardy in a mask, all sounds promising. Gonna stan for Venom when the time comes.

• Like 2

Low End for Venom: $25M (x2.5x) = $62.5M domestically if F4 level bad

High End is: $85M (x3x) = $255M domestically assuming if really good and capture the Halloween moviegoers.

My Guess: $45M (x2.56x) = $115M

• Like 1

It is assumed then that the film will go the Flash Thompson origin route, as he received the suit as part of a military program after it was captured. That would free it from having to interlink with Spider-Man at the beginning, but it is also assumed that the two will eventually battle somewhere down the road.

Venom is being directed by Zombieland's Ruben Fleischer, but aside from Hardy, no casting decisions have yet been made. There are rumors that Riz Ahmed is in talks to play a role in the project, but nothing official has been released.

spider-man-homecoming-flash-thompson-hea

Sure Comibook.com. Sure. :insane:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I fucking KNEW it. This film is never going to happen. 

I know you wont agree with me but i really feel it's for the best. Sony's Spider-Man franchise should only go far as its collaboration with Marvel Studios.