Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

I know you wont agree with me but i really feel it's for the best. Sony's Spider-Man franchise should only go far as its collaboration with Marvel Studios.

What do you mean? I'm rooting against this movie ever happening like crazy. It's completely pointless. 

A more upbeat article that doesn't think the delay is a big deal:

Omega Underground is reporting that Venom has begun hiring all manner of crew in Atlanta for principal photography on the movie. While this means production and filming are about to get underway in the city, it also seems unlikely that the film will hit a September 1st start date. In all likelihood, things will start later in September. Still, that means set photos and casting announcements should be imminent.

Aside from the rumors of other Symbiotes, we know Venom will heavily focus on the character’s horror roots. We’ve heard John Carpenter and David Cronenberg will be particular touchstones. Carpenter makes sense for the general horror aspects, but Cronenberg’s style is especially fitting. Given that most of the director’s work focused on body horror, it’s a smart move for Venom to potential explore the physical aspects of a gooey alien parasite attaching to someone’s body and infiltrating their mind. While these concepts have played into the comics, a movie focused on Symbiotes and their unique interaction with people could help make Venom stand apart from its peers.

With Venom beginning production soon in two major cities, we should be in for a flood of images and videos from the set. If the minds behind the movie are smart, they will preempt these inevitable reveals with official looks at the characters – something Deadpool 2 has done to great effect. Either way, fans won’t have to wait much longer for their first look at Venom.

http://screenrant.com/venom-movie-filming-start-date-2/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Honestly this sounds kinda cool. Hope they can make something decent.

if they can do anything close to this,

Aside from the rumors of other Symbiotes, we know Venom will heavily focus on the character’s horror roots. We’ve heard John Carpenter and David Cronenberg will be particular touchstones. Carpenter makes sense for the general horror aspects, but Cronenberg’s style is especially fitting. Given that most of the director’s work focused on body horror, it’s a smart move for Venom to potential explore the physical aspects of a gooey alien parasite attaching to someone’s body and infiltrating their mind. While these concepts have played into the comics, a movie focused on Symbiotes and their unique interaction with people could help make Venom stand apart from its peers.

then Venom could be a unique entry to the CBM-verse.

Carpenter's The Thing comes to mind when thinking of Symbiotes and their physical attachment to the host, taking control over it's mind and body.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

if they can do anything close to this,

Venom will be a unique entry to the CBM-verse.

Carpenter's The Thing comes to mind when thinking of Symbiotes and their physical attachment to the host, taking control over it's mind and body.

Yeah, it's definitely a fresh take on the genre.

Plus I have faith in FARRIER @MrPink.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Yeah, it's definitely a fresh take on the genre.

Plus I have faith in FARRIER @MrPink.

Tom Hardy must hate his face. Between Bane, Max, and Farrier’s masks in The Dark Knight Rises, Mad Max: Fury Road, and Dunkirk; Michael Gordon Peterson’s white-face makeup in Bronson; and John Fitzgerald’s less-than-majestic facial hair in The Revenant, Hardy often has something covering his handsome mug. That’s probably how the Oscar nominee picked his next role

http://uproxx.com/hitfix/tom-hardy-venom-movie/

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Sony must have something good to get these awesome actors (Tom, Riz, Michelle) interested. At least I hoping it's good.

I get that some people are apprehensive about linking/not linking this (and the other Sony movies) to the MCU, but I don't really see what the big deal is. Sony has the rights to these characters, so it's expected that they have stories they want to tell with them and want to make money too. We can't expect them to pay Marvel to do everything for them. So I'm optimistic about this movie and aside from the production delay, everything about it sounds great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

Sony must have something good to get these awesome actors (Tom, Riz, Michelle) interested. At least I hoping it's good.

I get that some people are apprehensive about linking/not linking this (and the other Sony movies) to the MCU, but I don't really see what the big deal is. Sony has the rights to these characters, so it's expected that they have stories they want to tell with them and want to make money too. We can't expect them to pay Marvel to do everything for them. So I'm optimistic about this movie and aside from the production delay, everything about it sounds great.

This is an awesome cast and I love venom as a character. I don't care that it's Sony and not the mcu. I'm really looking forward to this. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Is this like the most random cast a CBM has had? Feels like the cast to an indie movie.

27 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Sony is aiming for the oscars with venom. 

Venom will be the first comic book film to be nominated for Best Picture and the salty tears from everyone, myself included :sadben:will be legendary

• Like 1
  • Haha 1