FlashMaster659

Wed #s IW - 16.8m

3 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Watch yo language, she birthed the gays.

Fuck Marvel lives, Xtina is back!!! AFTER SIX YEARS.

Not sure what your on about with giving birth to the gays lol.

Never heard her called xtina before

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Not sure what your on about with giving birth to the gays, lol.

Never heard her called Xtina before.

I'm mostly latching onto the impact and ally/symbol she was for the LGBT community early on in her career.

Never??? Never heard or seen this smash ever I assume?

Just now, Claire of Themyscira said:

I'm mostly latching onto the impact and ally/symbol she was for the LGBT community early on in her career.

Never??? Never heard or seen this smash ever I assume?

I used to listen that on the

school bus, had it on my mp3 player for a bit. I know who she is but "xtina" was new for me.

Good number. Nothing outstanding, nothing worrying.

Neither 700 nor beating BP is locked as of yet.

It has a nice 3 weeks, but then has 4 probable 100MM+ openings over the next 6 weeks, so its late legs are not likely to be super strong as it starts to bleed theaters to the big openers in May and June.

This weekend's drop will give a much better picture of its long term outcome. 2nd weekend was when it became obvious that TLJ would have issues with legs. Does it stay above BP this weekend? 

Just now, IronJimbo said:

I used to listen that on the school bus, had it on my MP3 player for a bit. I know who she is but "Xtina" was new for me.

Ooh, cute. Nostalgia, huh?

Well, she's been Xtina for a while now.

Did you know Xtina's Bionic served as inspiration for JC's Avatar? He's been a big fan of her for a while, so support, babe.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

Weekdays are pretty standard. They all follow patterns. The weekend will be interesting. It'll probably decline just over 50%.

• Like 1

Both BP and The Avengers had wedensday which was around 25% (1/4) of its sunday. 

They dropped 45-50%

AoU and CW was 18-21%(1/5) and dropped 59,5%

So

18+ Tomorrow will mean 45-48% 2nd weekend drop

17-17,5ish could indicate 50-52% 

14 and were looking at 60% drop

Based on this by @fmpro, 16.5m would look something like a %55 2nd weekend drop. 

For 700m DOM, it's still a pretty nice number. I thought 17m was a good target but 16.5m still adds up around 1.2m$ on Avengers' adjusted (704m total DOM) Wed and it's important for AIW to keep adding up distance over A1's dailies for 700m since late legs would probably be worse. I think 600m is locked at this point, barring an unexpectedly bad 2nd weekend drop.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Good number. Nothing outstanding, nothing worrying.

Neither 700 nor beating BP is locked as of yet.

It has a nice 3 weeks, but then has 4 probable 100MM+ openings over the next 6 weeks, so its late legs are not likely to be super strong as it starts to bleed theaters to the big openers in May and June.

This weekend's drop will give a much better picture of its long term outcome. 2nd weekend was when it became obvious that TLJ would have issues with legs. Does it stay above BP this weekend? 

2 of which are Disney's own movies, so there Disney can play with the shared-screens game they way they want for the better legs for BP-IW.

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I used to listen that on the

school bus, had it on my mp3 player for a bit. I know who she is but "xtina" was new for me.

You never heard of XXtofferson ? :wintf:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gfb said:

Based on this by @fmpro, 16.5m would look something like a %55 2nd weekend drop. 

For 700m DOM, it's still a pretty nice number. I thought 17m was a good target but 16.5m still adds up around 1.2m$ on Avengers' adjusted (704m total DOM) Wed and it's important for AIW to keep adding up distance over A1's dailies for 700m since late legs would probably be worse. I think 600m is locked at this point, barring an unexpectedly bad 2nd weekend drop.

Actually, TA and BP's wed is not quite 1/4 their Sun. fmpro rounded up those numbers

Calculate IW's Wed using:

BP's drop: $16.9M -> 44.7% 2nd wk drop

TA's drop: $16.5M -> 50.3% 2nd wk drop

I'm thinking O/U 50% drop for IW

Edited by bladels
  • Like 4

Without overanalyzing 6 days of data, my takeaway from this is that the path to 700M+ domestic for IW stays open. 

BP and IW both hitting that after releasing 2.5 months apart would be unreal. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gfb said:

Isn't 16.5/69 the exact same Wed/Sun % as Avengers 1? (23.9%)

Seems to point to a similar dropoff but yeah, these movies aren't really weekday monsters. Anything can happen on the weekend.

Probably a little too early for this, but here it goes:

IW final gross if it follows...

TA: $777,563,419

BP: $799,576,763

Ultron: $647,446,097

IM3: $638,532,632

CW: $611,343,724

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Seems to point to a similar dropoff but yeah, these movies aren't really weekday monsters. Anything can happen on the weekend.

It's not that they're not weekday monsters by nature, it's that this is early May and schools are still in. IW's numbers would be unquestionably higher (perhaps much higher) in the heart of the Summer or during the Holidays.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

It's not that they're not weekday monsters by nature, it's that this is early May and schools are still in. IW's numbers would be unquestionably higher (perhaps much higher) in the heart of the Summer or during the Holidays.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It's not like the type of movie a person sitting at home with no school on a Wednesday would go see.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bladels said:

Actually, TA and BP's wed is not quite 1/4 their Sun. fmpro rounded up those numbers

Calculate IW's Wed using:

BP's drop: $16.9M -> 44.7% 2nd wk drop

TA's drop: $16.5M -> 50.3% 2nd wk drop

I'm thinking O/U 50% drop for IW

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah, it's actually about the same Sun > Wed ratio as A1. But I thought @fmpro was being a little more cautious, expecting more frontloadedness from AIW compared to A1, so I decided not to point that out. I think expecting slightly more frontloadedness from AIW is a good approach for now but yes if it follows A1 on the 2nd weekend as well, O/U is %50.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, gfb said:

After calculating a bit more it looks like 16,6 mill will be the precise same sunday/wed ratio as The Avengers had. 

Avengers dropped 9% on thursday and increased 135% on friday. That is quite likely for AIW.

I think we are in for a 49-51% drop if it stays above 16,5 today

• Like 1