FlashMaster659

Wed #s IW - 16.8m

While Avatar's WW total isn't in danger, the fact that IW is going to challenge for #2 is just astounding.... 1 Billion in 8 days is like OMG amazing and the China factor not even being part of the equation makes it that much more phenomenal.

Can't wait to see if Ultron is passed by Sunday in the states or not (another Crazy stat that just speaks to the relatively weak nature overall of that film.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Damn near identical Wednesday drop to Black Panther (a little smaller). Same Thursday drop gets it to 16.2M today; same drop as Avengers 1 gets it to 15.2M. Middle range puts it at 15.7. So that's the range to make, folks.

Playing the BOT bipolarity game, below 15.2 and it's a FLOP :sparta: Above 16.2 and IT'S GOING OVER AVATAR :ohmygod:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

You mad she's already hit #1 on iTunes in some countries?

Lol iTunes is dead. Only Spotify matters at this point. She hasn’t been a factor since 2007.  Let’s focus on the now!

47 minutes ago, JB33 said:

O/U $900M after today?

37 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Just had 49M Wed and needs 43M, with Russia opening

36 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So $1 billion by Friday now?

2 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

tumblr_ns2kcvPTqz1sgl0ajo1_250.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Well that was fun. 

#1: Don't assume when someone posts a spoiler that you're in the spoiler thread and reply to it with more spoilers. Especially when you're multitasking with multiple browsers open, it's 1am and you're way too tired to have any business still being up.

#2: Why oh why did I edit my summer game predictions that same night at literally the very last second from 800 DOM to 720 and 2.1b to 1.85b WW? Even though it might not hit the former, it will at least make a play at it and I should have stuck to what my guns were for months.

Moral of the story: If you're tired and it's 1am, go to fucking bed, don't post on BOT

As for that wed #, love how much it's been following TA so far. Second weekend will be 125m+ with a chance at 135m. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well that was fun. 

#1: Don't assume when someone posts a spoiler that you're in the spoiler thread and reply to it with more spoilers. Especially when you're multitasking with multiple browsers open, it's 1am and you're way too tired to have any business still being up.

#2: Why oh why did I edit my summer game predictions that same night at literally the very last second from 800 DOM to 720 and 2.1b to 1.85b WW? Even though it might not hit the former, it will at least make a play at it and I should have stuck to what I my guns were for months.

Moral of the story: If you're tired and it's 1am, go to fucking bed, don't post on BOT

As for that wed #, love how much it's been following TA so far. Second weekend will be 125m+ with a chance at 135m. 

9525ccf28409e770_giphy-3.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

From my vantage point, AIW is lining up for a strong ~50% hold in its second frame.

Comparing its dailies to the other MCU openers, it's managing to keep a pretty consistent distance between itself and the first Avengers.

Looking ahead, it's getting hard to see how its dailies start lagging behind Black Panther for at least the next two weeks.  

700M is looking more and more likely by the day.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Chewy said:

MCU could potentially hit 900M per-film average after IW's run lmao

And to think just 7 years ago, the first Captain America couldn’t even clear 400M WW. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well that was fun. 

#2: Why oh why did I edit my summer game predictions that same night at literally the very last second from 800 DOM to 720 and 2.1b to 1.85b WW? Even though it might not hit the former, it will at least make a play at it and I should have stuck to what my guns were for months.

You were right about the legs :ohmygod: 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well that was fun. 

Did you deservedly gloat in that club hat club you made about BP and IWyet?

Edited by John Marston

55 minutes ago, narniadis said:

While Avatar's WW total isn't in danger, the fact that IW is going to challenge for #2 is just astounding.... 1 Billion in 8 days is like OMG amazing and the China factor not even being part of the equation makes it that much more phenomenal.

Can't wait to see if Ultron is passed by Sunday in the states or not (another Crazy stat that just speaks to the relatively weak nature overall of that film.)

Even I didn't expect the non-China OS performance to be like this. It's insane. If China blows up and does something crazy like 500, it might beat AoU WW on just OS. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well that was fun. 

:sparta: 

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I take full credit for this!

• Haha 1