salvador-232

Chile Box Office: Huge Lion King Presales

2 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Well, it IS an animated movie, is CGI, but there's nothing "live action" .

Interestingly enough, the movie chains are divided as well. The one that I track has it as animation while the biggest one has it as "adventure". 

I guess CAEM (the guys who do the yearly report on the BO) will have the final word when they do the classification next year. 

I just hope that it won't be considered as animated movie so that Frozen 2 can be considered as the sequel to the highest grossing animated movie when it comes out.

I read somewhere saying that the studio doedn't clarify it as animated movie? 

5 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

I just hope that it won't be considered as animated movie so that Frozen 2 can be considered as the sequel to the highest grossing animated movie when it comes out.

I read somewhere saying that the studio doedn't clarify it as animated movie? 

I don't know. 

But I just checked and the biggest chain now also has it as "animation" so it will be considered an animated movie here in Chile at least 

Top Weekend July 11h-14th 

1. Toy Story 4
  2. Spider-Man Far from Home
  3. Secret Life of Pets 2
  4. Anabelle 3
  5. Aladdin 

Toy Story 4 held the top spot and dropped just 11% for a fourth weekend of 1,367m USD, exactly what it needed to remain on track to beat Endgame. Winter's Holidays are now in full force and weekdays will be huge in admissions. However, given that all the chains offer promotions over this period the average ticket price will continue to fall very quickly. 

I'm estimating that TS4 stands at ~2,1m admissions. It needs a sub-30 hold against The Lion King, if it manages that then the #1 all time spot will almost certainly go back to Pixar. 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 6

The Lion King presales, 3 days before release, 17% of the market. 

119 showtimes for OD | 27637 seats available | 4381 tickets sold. 

The Lion King already beats TS4 final presale by 8,7% and it will have a huge jump tomorrow. I think it should be more PS heavy than TS4 but at this stage an opening north of 3m USD is looking more than probable.

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 3