salvador-232

Chile Box Office

Just now, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

How's Annabelle doing?

Second on OD behind TS4 (a given, considering how ridiculous huge TS4 was)  Unfortunately WB almost never reports Chilean numbers, so I won't have much information to add.  

I will check some screenings over the weekend to see how it does though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Top Weekend June 27-30th

1. Toy Story 4
  2. Anabelle 3
  3. Aladdin
  4. Men in Black International
  5. John Wick 3

Toy Story 4 easily held the top spot, obviously, given that it came from a 3,5m USD OW. Anabelle 3, however, did fairly well, the showtimes I checked over the weekend were pretty full and I think it posted a solid debut (not that we will ever know) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, salvador-232 said:

Top Weekend June 27-30th

1. Toy Story 4
  2. Anabelle 3
  3. Aladdin
  4. Men in Black International
  5. John Wick 3

Toy Story 4 easily held the top spot, obviously, given that it came from a 3,5m USD OW. Anabelle 3, however, did fairly well, the showtimes I checked over the weekend were pretty full and I think it posted a solid debut (not that we will ever know) 

How long is the re-expansion of EG in Chile?

3 hours ago, danhtruong5 said:

How long is the re-expansion of EG in Chile?

On 6/27/2019 at 3:58 PM, salvador-232 said:

Some news courtesy of local press:

Endgame is at 3.060.000 admissions, and the re-release (that will also include a promotional poster like in the US) is scheduled to August 8th. Taking that into account, Endgame is doing at best 3,1m admissions.

• Thanks 2

Spiderman Far From Home Presales | 2 days before release | 17% of the market

79 showings for OD | 18.510 seats available | 3.725 tickets sold

Excellent presales for Spidey, just 6% behind of Captain Marvel and 7,5% behind of Toy Story 4. The Captain Marvel comp gives ~2,2M USD which would be 61% ahead of Homecoming. The Chilean Box Office remains on fire. 

Also, The Lion King started presales in a hilariously large amount of screens. I will give data on the weekend but seems to be doing really well. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, salvador-232 said:

Spiderman Far From Home Presales | 2 days before release | 17% of the market

79 showings for OD | 18.510 seats available | 3.725 tickets sold

Excellent presales for Spidey, just 6% behind of Captain Marvel and 7,5% behind of Toy Story 4. The Captain Marvel comp gives ~2,2M USD which would be 61% ahead of Homecoming. The Chilean Box Office remains on fire. 

Also, The Lion King started presales in a hilariously large amount of screens. I will give data on the weekend but seems to be doing really well. 

Excellent ... +61% ahead of HC ...  can PS beat CM Or TS4 ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunny Max said:

Excellent ... +61% ahead of HC ...  can PS beat CM Or TS4 ???

No, that was the "final" PS (I always do the last tracking on Tuesday night because on Wednesday the chains start to add showtimes for OD and it gets very messy) 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 1

Spiderman was unable to defeat the third Thursday of TS4 (and is not exactly because Spidey is underperforming). Absolutely insane. 

Endgame is so toast. Sadly Disney is taking forever to release the actuals from last weekend. 

SLOP 2 flops in fourth place behind Anabelle

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

16 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Spiderman was unable to defeat the third Thursday of TS4 (and is not exactly because Spidey is underperforming). Absolutely insane. 

Endgame is so toast. Sadly Disney is taking forever to release the actuals from last weekend. 

SLOP 2 flops in fourth place behind Anabelle

how much money can EG gain more?

1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

how much money can EG gain more?

Good lord, you're obsessed! :wacko:

Spider Man preforming well and yet failing to beat TS4's third Thursday has to be one of the most shocking things I've ever seen! Go Chile!

Some of last weekend actuals June 27-30th

- 1 Toy Story 4 Disney $2,402,329 -32.4% n/a - n/a $6,730,865 2
- 2 Aladdin (2019) Disney $95,225 -59.2% n/a - n/a $3,563,078 6
- 3 Men in Black International Sony $30,613 -73.5% 21 -60 $1,458 $529,793 3
- 5 John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum Sarava $19,430 -56.0% n/a - n/a $1,337,320 7
- 4 Dark Phoenix Disney $16,000 -78.1% n/a - n/a $867,000 4
- 6 Pain & Glory Focus $15,520 -33.1% 8 -5 $1,940 $43,174 2
- 7 Avengers: Endgame Disney $10,876 -50.3% n/a - n/a $18,516,322 10
- 8 A Dog's Journey AF $60 -98.2% 1 -5 $60 $951,276 7
0 - Rocketman PPI n/a - n/a - n/a $259,345 5

Toy Story 4 had a slightly better hold than Incredibles 2 (-33,7%) despite an opening two times bigger. In fact, its second weekend is better than all previous Pixar's OW. With SLOP 2 flopping there's little competition until TLK, though they should be able to coexist to a certain extent over the Holidays. I'm fairly confident that it will crush Endgame with the Holiday boost and with the same multiplier as I2 would get 3,8m admissions. I'm more conservative and I expect around 3,4m (TLK should be bigger than Hotel Transylvania 3 and the school break starts a week later).

Aladdin starts to die and while its total won't reach previous live-action remakes (BATB and JB both did 4,8m USD) is still way better than expected considering its opening and poor presales. 

The rest of the list are flops except for John Wick 3 (good legs and good total) and Endgame. Engame is basically done and I expect at best 200k more from its re-release on August. @PKMLover

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Omni said:

Good lord, you're obsessed! :wacko:

Spider Man preforming well and yet failing to beat TS4's third Thursday has to be one of the most shocking things I've ever seen! Go Chile!

Spiderman will probably still win in gross, Comscore counts admissions. But is still really mindblowing considering that Thursday is always awful for family movies (and non-OD Thursdays even more so). BTW, Chile's second weekend is basically equal to Italy OW. :insane:

You want to see more insanity? 

The Lion King presales, 12 before release, 17% of the market. 

116 showtimes for OD | 27935 seats available | 1156 tickets sold. 

The Lion King is outpacing Captain Marvel in term of presales (CM had sold 1095 tickets 8 days before release), its showtime and seat count are also very similar 

This is just getting ridiculous. We have a third potential 15m grosser when Chile had never had any before this year. I honestly can't see how 2020 could top this year.

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, salvador-232 said:

You want to see more insanity? 

The Lion King presales, 12 before release, 17% of the market. 

116 showtimes for OD | 27935 seats available | 1156 tickets sold. 

The Lion King is outpacing Captain Marvel in term of presales (CM had sold 1095 tickets 8 days before release), its showtime and seat count are also very similar 

This is just getting ridiculous. We have a third potential 15m grosser when Chile had never had any before this year. I honestly can't see how 2020 could top this year.

Can you tell me is Spiderman opening below Captain Marvel or not? 

Some of Last Weekend Actuals July 4-7th

TW Movie Studio Weekend Gross Change Screens Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date Week
- Spider-Man: Far from Home Sony $1,607,648 - 216 - $7,443 $1,607,649 1
- Toy Story 4 Disney $1,537,852 -36.0% n/a - n/a $8,923,181 3
- The Secret Life of Pets 2 Andee $360,999 - 76 - $4,750 $438,933 1
- Aladdin (2019) Disney $18,715 -80.4% n/a - n/a $3,602,655 7
- Pain & Glory Focus $7,754 -50.0% 4 -4 $1,939 $53,286 3
- Men in Black International Sony $7,176 -76.6% 4 -17 $1,794 $541,494 4
- John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum Sarava $1,103 -94.3% n/a - n/a $1,342,247 8
- Avengers: Endgame Disney $95 -99.1% n/a - n/a $18,518,857 11

Spider-Man FFH ended up debuting "just" 17% higher than Homecoming, narrowly edging out TS4 third weekend. While this is fairly underwhelming considering the presales, it seems to have been affected by football match on Saturday. Toy Story 4 fell 36% which is harsher than the 17% drop of the I2 on its third weekend but on this weekend of last year I2 fell 37% (TS4 opened a week later) and it didn't have a football match (which also affects TS4 given the broad appeal of the series). 

In admissions however, there was no contest. TS4 crushed Spiderman. The press is reporting a rather bizarre 6-day figures from Thursday to Tuesday but TS4 did 427k admissions against 285k for Spiderman FFH. 

Toy Story 4 until Tuesday had sold 1.792.000 tickets and it now enters the first weekend of nationwide Winter's Holiday + a holiday next Tuesday which will boost its weekdays by a great amount, all of that before TLK opens and with no new wide releases. Even giving the movie rather harsh drops from now on I still get to 3,15m admissions as a pesimist scenario which would be enough to beat Endgame. 

Nothing else of note, save for SLOP 2 which if it didn't have Winter's Holidays next door, its total would struggle to match the OW of the first one. 

• Like 6

The Lion King presales, 6 before release, 17% of the market. 

116 showtimes for OD | 27935 seats available | 2748 tickets sold. 

The Lion King is doubling the PS that TS4 had at the same time (However TS4 had only one week of presales) and is on track to easily have the best PS run outside Endgame. Considering it opens in the middle of Winter's Holidays it could possibly break TS4 animated OW record. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, salvador-232 said:

The Lion King presales, 6 before release, 17% of the market. 

116 showtimes for OD | 27935 seats available | 2748 tickets sold. 

The Lion King is doubling the PS that TS4 had at the same time (However TS4 had only one week of presales) and is on track to easily have the best PS run outside Endgame. Considering it opens in the middle of Winter's Holidays it could possibly break TS4 animated OW record. 

TLK (2019) is still be considered as animated movie? I mean the live action version of other animated movie are not called animated movie anymore, right? 

14 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

TLK (2019) is still be considered as animated movie? I mean the live action version of other animated movie are not called animated movie anymore, right? 

Well, it IS an animated movie, is CGI, but there's nothing "live action" .

Interestingly enough, the movie chains are divided as well. The one that I track has it as animation while the biggest one has it as "adventure". 

I guess CAEM (the guys who do the yearly report on the BO) will have the final word when they do the classification next year.