baumer

Cobra Kai (Karate Kid 34 years later) | Netflix Original

This is a show that is on You-Tube Red.  There are ten episodes.  The first two are free and then each of the remaining 8 are $2.49.  

It reunites William Zabka and Ralph Macchio.  

I've seen the first 6 episodes and I have to say I absolutely love it.  Worth every penny for sure.

Loved it. The trailers were a bit misleading, this is not a comedy, parody whatever, this is a direct continuation of the karate kid that captures the spirit of the original perfectly and ....DAT ENDING ....

• Like 1

On 06/05/2018 at 12:55 PM, Thrylos 7 said:

Loved it. The trailers were a bit misleading, this is not a comedy, parody whatever, this is a direct continuation of the karate kid that captures the spirit of the original perfectly and ....DAT ENDING ....

THANK YOU!!

It absolutely captures the essence and the feel of the first movie.  Zabka and Macchio nail it but so does the young cast.  I thought Miguel, Robbie, Samantha and Hawk and Aisha were terrific as the youngsters.

Macchio said in an interview that the three producers/writers were huge KK loonies.  He said this was their Star Wars and it shows.  From the locales of the original

Spoiler

(Golf and Stuff was my favourite)

to the rivalry of the two of them to everything in between, it was just awesome!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DAR said:

So was anyone waiting for You're the Best or Cruel Summer to pop up?

Well, they did do their best to get some of the original music in there, and then there was the Bananarama cupcakes or pancakes.

10 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Eveveryone on my Facebook that's seen this is raving about it, I saw it is at 100% on RT, and you guys loved it...

What in the hell did everyone watch, because the Cobra Kai I watched was awful :unsure:

It happens.  Not everyone can like the same thing.  I (as I've stated before) loved it.  Did you only watch the first two free episodes?  Maybe if you gave the rest a chance you might like it more.

3 hours ago, baumer said:

It happens.  Not everyone can like the same thing.  I (as I've stated before) loved it.  Did you only watch the first two free episodes?  Maybe if you gave the rest a chance you might like it more.

Oh, I watched them all!  I was off and bored and I had to see where they were going with it.

I'm literally the only person that didn't like it :lol:

• Haha 1

Well you must draw into the Karate Kid Cinematic Universe to really get into this.

However, if you love the original, you will love this show.

It is perhaps a bit simplistic and seems it was made on a low budget but it has a ton of heart and is a very simple fun storyline. 

The show is an overwhelming success, as it has gotten over 27.5 million views in less then 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

this show is badly good, it knows it isn't high art

not sure if non-fans of the original series would enjoy

How is it bad?  It's incredibly entertaining and stays true to the original.  That makes is excellent.