Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Suicide Squad and Deadpool 2 the only post-TDK superhero movies to win Oscahs :Venom:

Rotten score on RT confirmed for DP2. If you're a super hero movie and you want to win an Oscar, you gotta be certified rotten 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nova said:

Rotten score on RT confirmed for DP2. If you're a super hero movie and you want to win an Oscar, you gotta be certified rotten 

maybe u need to be nominated for both oscars and razzies to win.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Premature don’t ya think? You realize if it hits the high end of rths range today that it could end up with as light as a 48-49% drop right? Sat will be huge just like last week.

What am I being premature about? I didn't say it was going to hit any particular number I just said there's a huge upfront demand for this and if it was to fall to 115 million that would be about a 55% drop which would be absolutely fantastic. I didn't say anything about it not being able to drop less than 50% I just said that if it did it would still be a freaking fantastic number.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Sat will be huge just like last week.

Saturday should be fun. It is the first time since 2014 that Marvel Studios hasn’t opened a film. 

It is also Free Comic Book Day. Hopefully the nerds will already be out in force. We plan to swing by the LCBS before a repeat AIW showing.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

So just how confirmed are these numbers?

both Rth and Gitesh independently reported the same thing. so pretty confirmed.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, baumer said:

There was such an upfront demand for Infinity Wars that it's bound to have a bit of a drop this weekend. If it was to make a hundred and fifteen million I'm guessing that would be about a 55% drop which would be absolutely phenomenal. You can't expect it to drop in the 40s. To me that's just not realistic.

I agree, but I did bet on $120M or up...I was thinking this would be phenomenal this weekend as all the folks leery about a Part 1 realized from their friends/family that it was totally worth it (this would be my mom, who's seen every Thor b/c she loves that character, but was gonna skip this one...yeah, I convinced her otherwise:)...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

What a click bait title and url ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Advance Ticket Sales Already Breaking Records, try to find the records in question in the article.

First place record for “first 24 hours of presales for a film named either Black Panther or Solo: A Star Wars Story.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

So my 6pm showing of Tully was only like 25% full. And yeah... I can see why this movie won’t get great WOM but I was into it. 

Tully is definitely better than the WOM will likely indicate. If the film had tacked on 5-10 minutes to the ending, I would have liked it even more than the 8/10 I gave it. The ending deserved more elaboration, especially given the subject matter.

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

First place record for “first 24 hours of presales for a film named either Black Panther or Solo: A Star Wars Story.”

Most ticket sold in the first 24 hours for a 2018 movie that is not Avengers.....

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Was Black Panther a big 24 hour presale seller even? I don't recall hearing anything about it lol

It was at the time the highest pre sellar in Marvel history beating out CW. But as IW just showed us you can't really compare Marvel to Star Wars in terms of pre-sales because Marvel is no where near the pre sellar that Star Wars is. So I'm not sure why the comparison for Solo was BP or IW. It would have been better to compare it to Rogue One. 

• Like 1