Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

Overall, I liked Tully but it is going to have some short legs as the ending will lead to bad WOM. It might garner a Cinemascore in the B range but it will play like a film with a C or worse. After Mother’s Day the film will disappear from the landscape which is sad indictment of the film given Theron’s terrific performance. She is watchable in everything she does.

• Like 1

106m -115m  less than 100% friday increase? why do they bother. Why do we bother?

:hahaha:

they should just use the derby average prediction. they'd be much closer

Avengers: Infinity War $132.00M $128.23M
Edited by POTUS
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Apologies for opening this up again, but look at Avengers "trilogy" (thus far) as box office for Star Wars to follow. TFA was 2012's Avengers, Last Jedi was Age of Ultron.

That means episode 9 will be the Infinity War of the series :ph34r: :ohmygod:

Infinity war isn’t just avengers 3 though, it’s much more than that. If not for marketing reasons I would prefer if the movie was called something like “marvel’s infinity war” and not have the avengers name on the title. As for ep9 the ending of TLJ makes it seem insignificant.

• Like 2

A couple days ago I thought 110M was a pretty reasonable prediction for Infinity War (and that was me being conservative).  The fact that it has a possibility of going lower just shows that it’s hard for an MCU film on as large of a scale as Infinity War to get great legs.  The low end is about on par with Civil War.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A couple days ago I thought 110M was a pretty reasonable prediction for Infinity War (and that was me being conservative).  The fact that it has a possibility of going lower just shows that it’s hard for an MCU film on as large of a scale as Infinity War to get great legs.  The low end is about on par with Civil War.

I think Disney would be fine with a 55-60% drop. I think it does have room to recover to avoid having Civil War legs