Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I think people should be extremely conservative in their expectations for the Saturday number. After this horrible Friday number a relatively bad Saturday number wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

What's your idea of a bad Saturday number?  I think anything over 50% is good.  You're talking about a film that's going to do more than 100 million second weekend, nothing really bad about that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I don't think it will.  It'll still open strongly and if JJ can fix what Rian messed up, then it might do better than Jedi.  I've been on record from the beginning saying that all they need to do is fix a couple of things and the SW loonies will come out in full force.

but there is nothing to fix, Rian Johnson made a masterpiece. 

:Venom:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Disbelief 1

let's go super conservative:

$31.42M

$44M

$29.9M

$105.32M, which would be a better drop than Civil War.  if it does this and has higher than expected drops this weekend, it'd still not be a bad result.

Edited by That One Guy

41 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Seeing as how I didn't mention anything about the box office, I don't care because I love the movie.

Mention TLJ and Lormandeep is summoned to counter.

tumblr_lo2m91bo1v1qcj0s8o1_500.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Nobody was saying 50% was a disappointing drop for Avengers 6 years ago. 

50% would be great even no ? Big sequel with big previews dropping only 50% is on the great legs side, like the first Avengers was.

Is anyone that is suggesting a 127-128m second weekend is talking about disappointment ? Must be from people that are expecting 115-120m no ?

Edited by Barnack

10 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I think people should be extremely conservative in their expectations for the Saturday number. After this horrible Friday number a relatively bad Saturday number wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

My God, you continue to bury yourself :hahaha:  HORRIBLE? Are you shitting me? You want a horrible 2nd Friday bump, there, here's one for you:

BATMAN V SUPERMAN

1 1 

$15,014,297

93.9% / -81.6%

4,256 / $3,528

$224,087,090 / 8

Infinity War had far bigger Friday bump than THAT, and a far better Fri to Fri hold for a movie with 39 million in previews as well. And it's the same Fri bump as Black Panther too (slightly better actually); was THAT a horrible Friday bump? How is it the movie's fault that you got WAAAAAYYYY carried away and were giving it a 45% drop or whatever? It's the 19th fucking entry in a franchise, and it burned off A LOT of demand in its 1st 7 days (more so than any other non-Force Awakens movie, AND FORCE AWAKENS WAS A HOLIDAY RELEASE), so of course it's gonna drop over 50% 2nd weekend and be relatively frontloaded (and it's still nowhere near as frontloaded as other Marvel movies have been); plus, Marvel movies are Saturday players anyway, for God's sake.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Umm...  I was also not thrilled with the Friday number, but... you know that a (Not even very) weak Friday makes it easier to have a good Sat increase, not harder, right?

Edited by Thanos Legion

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

50% would be great even no ? Big sequel with big previews dropping only 50% is on the great legs side, like the first Avengers was.

Is anyone that is suggesting a 127-128m second weekend is talking about disappointment ? Must be from people that are expecting 115-120m no ?

There's been expectations of a sub-50% weekend because of the good holds up until now. My bet is still on 55% for 115M.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

There was a 145M club lol

9 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I've had university break go 1 week into February, but BP was squarely in the middle of it. You have a point about President's Day though. 

Just wanted to say I got my schedules and breaks all mixed up and remembered wrong. 

As for the topic at hand, I think it's safe to assume at least a 50% increase is going to happen for Saturday.