Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

BP with an estimated 3 million this weekend and about 4.6 this week will be at 693 by Sunday. From there it only needs 40% drops or better to get to 700m. I think it will get there seeing that it hasnt had a 40% plus drop in 8 weeks since its 3rd week. 

It should become the 3rd movie to get into the 700m dollar club

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I don't think it will.  It'll still open strongly and if JJ can fix what Rian messed up, then it might do better than Jedi.  I've been on record from the beginning saying that all they need to do is fix a couple of things and the SW loonies will come out in full force.

It could decrease, but I think it's pretty unwise to bet against this franchise.  

This situation smacks of those doubting AIW after Ultron's "tepid" showing.

If it's an entertaining, universally loved film like TFA and AIW, it'll go gangbusters.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Rocky Horror seems way too touchy in today’s culture.

They remade it for TV like a week ago. Nobody cared. Nobody watched.

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

To be fair he only seemed to not like the last 10 minutes

But... he could see Tully or something instead 

Or not spend his money on seeing a movie :lol:

Edited by Ethan Hunt

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Any potential 50M Saturday megaton coming tonight?

Well since Deadline is saying it's gonna do $120 million this weekend with a $31.8 million Friday, it better be a lot more than potential. They're banking on it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom on Netflix right now, and so far very little in the film made sense at all. The whole bar shootout scene felt completely forced, at every point Indy was way overwhelmed, they could have just killed any time. Also, why did the girl travel with him? She just followed him into the plane. Also, of the plane guys wanted to kill him, why not shoot him while he slept, instead of giving up a whole plane just to kill a guy.

In both the previous SW trilogies the 2nd movie dropped from the first and then the last one increased from the second. 

Even RotS increased from AotC despite AotC being disliked. 

SW fans will flock to the last one due to the fact that it is the last one. The movie just has to be less divisive and with it being directed by JJ I think it wont be. 

I can't speak for every theater of course, but my theater is doing within 30% of what it did on opening Saturday. Idk if that's indicative of a $57 million Saturday or not but take it for what it's worth I guess. 

Edited by The Mad Titan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThiagoMaia said:

I'm watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom on Netflix right now, and so far very little in the film made sense at all. The whole bar shootout scene felt completely forced, at every point Indy was way overwhelmed, they could have just killed any time. Also, why did the girl travel with him? She just followed him into the plane. Also, of the plane guys wanted to kill him, why not shoot him while he slept, instead of giving up a whole plane just to kill a guy.

^best Indiana Jones that isn't the first one

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Who cares about logic in Temple of Doom. Just enjoy it for the craft. Some of the Berg's greatest work as far as spectacle goes

the opening scene of that movie is the best scene spielberg ever directed.

25qkjk.jpg?a423720

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

In both the previous SW trilogies the 2nd movie dropped from the first and then the last one increased from the second. 

SW fans will flock to the last one due to the fact that it is the last one. The movie just has to be less divisive and with it being directed by JJ I think it wont be. 

But... The Return of the Jedi actually was the last one. Or so people thought at the time.    

And Revenge of the Sith, similarly, was actually seen as the last one.      

That won’t apply to IX — everyone knows X is coming, and probably within a half dozen years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Except its it’s not the last one

it has no real hook to the story 

and and we have Solo in between the two years between 8 and 9 unlike the others which had three years to build demand and anticipation 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Who cares about logic in Temple of Doom. Just enjoy it for the craft. Some of the Berg's greatest work as far as spectacle goes

Well, I usually care about logic in all movies. It did get better since they arrived at the Indian village though. 

11 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

I can't speak for every theater of course, but my theater is doing within 30% of what it did on opening Saturday. Idk if that's indicative of a $57 million Saturday or not but take it for what it's worth I guess. 

Ours is closer to 25%. If we do back of the envelope math for how our sales correlated to last weekend we would be on pace for almost 61MM. Which is beyond impossible, so I wouldn’t read too much into one off theatres. 

That being said it is doing gangbusters today. All our shows so far today have sold out or only missed the first two rows. I’m assuming the same for the rest of the day. 

Edited by Ghostbusters!