Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

6 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Well, I usually care about logic in all movies. It did get better since they arrived at the Indian village though. 

I mean yeah but it's important what a movie prioritizes. I'd care more about logic in Temple if it itself seemed to strive for logic, but since it's clearly a wild set-piece machine first and foremost, I find it easier not to care about how much sense it makes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

He's remaking West Side Story next so you're in luck

honestly casting actual puerto ricans will be an improvement but it's the only one he can make. the '61 version is pretty much perfect i think it's the best musical ever made. you know you've got something special when it's one of David Lynch AND Michael Bay's favourite movies.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

What?? Really? Where can I see that?

Im pretty sure it’s on Netflix in the UK. I’m guessing you can find it on DVD.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

It'll be 60M. But if it doesn't even come close I'm not going to "meltdown.". Dunno what it is with people and avoiding "melt downs" at all cost.  You're predicting a movie's weekend take for goodness sakes...you're risking nothing.  If you can't be bold on predicting something you're a fan of to do well when there is absolutely zero downside then I can only imagine how safe some of you play it in the real world....

Yeah, I don’t get all this meltdown talk, I mean where is the meltdown in this thread ? Are my few one sentence posts considered a meltdown ? Is having a different opinion and expressing it civilized , unlike many people here, considered a meltdown ? If nothing else I see walls of texts from people trying to convince everybody why friday’s number was great blablabla, that’s what a meltdown is....

Temple of Doom has slowly gone up the ranks from #4 to #3 but it is practically a tie with Crystal Skull (and I like all 4 films.) We had Crusade on replay and wore out at least 1 VHS tape growing up, still my favorite today.

People complained about Indy surviving a nuke in a fridge, but he also survived a waterfall in an uninflated inflatable boat in the old film and these people said nothing.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

It'll be 60M. But if it doesn't even come close I'm not going to "meltdown.". Dunno what it is with people and avoiding "melt downs" at all cost.  You're predicting a movie's weekend take for goodness sakes...you're risking nothing.  If you can't be bold on predicting something you're a fan of to do well when there is absolutely zero downside then I can only imagine how safe some of you play it in the real world....

Dunno if ur being serious or not but that would require a 90% jump which no MCU movie has ever had. The highest I couls find was 69% of GotG2. Rest all had increases in the range of 45-65%. There is absolutely no way this touches 60. 

And there is a difference between being bold and insane. Predictions should be based on data, trends and precedents not wild hope

• Like 2

Just now, AJG said:

People complained about Indy surviving a nuke in a fridge, but he also survived a waterfall in an uninflated inflatable boat in the old film and these people said nothing.

really one of the only reasons a lot of old ass movies get put on a pedestal is that there was no internet for assholes to whine about every little fucking thing to prove that they were smarter than the movie or some bullshit. back then people just idk chopped wood to pass the time or whatever. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Temple of Doom has slowly gone up the ranks from #4 to #3 but it is practically a tie with Crystal Skull (and I like all 4 films.) We had Crusade on replay and wore out at least 1 VHS tape growing up, still my favorite today.

Same! Crusade was actually the first Indiana Jones film I watched as a kid. Saw it over and over again. These days, I think Raiders is the best in the series overall, but Crusade is still the most purely entertaining for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Same! Crusade was actually the first Indiana Jones film I watched as a kid. Saw it over and over again. These days, I think Raiders is the best in the series overall, but Crusade is still the most purely entertaining for me. 

Connery-Ford scenes are a gem.