Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

Just now, That One Guy said:

My super hot take is that Ready Player One is real good and a lot of fun

i didn't expect it to be better than The Post but here we are. rylance/mendelsohn goofy ham > hanks/streep "Everything! We! SaY! Is! Important!... Newspapers!" ham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i didn't expect it to be better than The Post but here we are. rylance/mendelsohn goofy ham > hanks/streep "Everything! We! SaY! Is! Important!... Newspapers!" ham.

The little zooms in The Post everytime a character was gonna say something 

IMPORTANT  !!!

:lol:

2 hours ago, Nova said:

What happened to iJack? Why isn't he here to celebrate this Marvel movie 

wait did he change his username? 

Since no one answered you, yes.  He's now ZattMurdock (see his custom user title). :)

• ...wtf 1

RPO's legs have been good considering the type of movie it is. If it hadn't had good WOM it probably would have collapsed hard. Still waiting on the budget confirmation though. If it veered close to 200, it's doubtful it was very profitable.

and for another hot take: Saving Private Ryan is good and all but it definitely gets most of its all-timer reputation from the (admittedly phenomenal) first 30 minutes.  It's decent after that but a film needs more to it than 30 minutes of isolated excellence.  Also I think it's a bit too long

• Like 4

Just now, The Futurist said:

The little zooms in The Post everytime a character was gonna say something 

IMPORTANT  !!!

:lol:

omg the carrie coon speech at the end almost killed me with the dramatic pauses "NEWSPAPERS...*serious actress inhale*...ARE GOOD!" or whatever she said. i think she was this close to calling out trump by name.

• Haha 1

Never ended up seeing The Post but I thought RP1 was really dire except for the supporting performances. Despite all the changes to the book in the end it's the same shallow hypocritical bullshit and I was even disappointed by the set-pieces, the Tintin virtual camera weightlessly flying around a grey blurry mess of shit happening, none of it's got anything on Berg's deliberately staged classics. 

• Like 1

RPO's OS is 422 and more than half of that is China (212 + 210). It's looking to cross $220 in China eventually so China should stay >50% of OS. Could end up with:

222 China

137 Dom

216 OS-China

= 575

222*0.25 + 137*0.55 + 216*0.33 = 202.1

Even if the prod budget were 200 instead of 175, the global theatrical revenue matching the prod budget means the movie is well safe with non-theatrical taking care of marketing and release costs.

34 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Less so if box office was accouted for in tickets sold.

That way, we wouldn't have much records to talk about on BOT.

God Bless the almighty dollar and the federal reserve.

Still works with tickets sold. Gone with the Wind didn't do so well cause it was a good movie. Factors from the time period were why. Most notably theaters being the only places with air conditioning at the time.