Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

Speaking of really Great movies anyone else who sees The Good, The Bad and the Ugly as practically the perfect film (and ofc western)? Ive watched it a few days ago for the 5th time and it only gets better. There is not a single frame in that movie i dislike.

Alone the score from the legend Morricone:

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Speaking of really Great movies anyone else who sees The Good, The Bad and the Ugly as practically the perfect film (and ofc western)? Ive watched it a few days ago for the 5th time and it only gets better. There is not a single frame in that movie i dislike.

love it. but Once Upon a Time in the West is Leone's masterpiece IMO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

we seem to be circling back to spielberg a lot recently i get he's had two movies already this year but maybe for fresh discussion let's go with another director to talk about... maybe James Cameron but i don't know anyone here who'd be willing to talk about him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I like that move but personally I just love For A Few Dollars More.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Love those movies. Fistful of Dollars was my favorite. The "apologize to my horse" scene is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

we seem to be circling back to spielberg a lot recently i get he's had two movies already this year but maybe for fresh discussion let's go with another director to talk about... maybe James Cameron but i don't know anyone here who'd be willing to talk about him.

v13uz0C.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

1zQ5D.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I consider "the perfect film" to be Titanic (and I know people are gonna respond to this with shit like "but the romance!" "but there was room for Jack on the plank!" "but it's a James Cameron film and he's bad!" please shut the fuck up before you start thanks) but I think it's all a matter of taste.  Titanic appeals to me in every way possible so it makes a lot of sense for me to think it's perfect.  And I guess if you're big on comic books and such you'd probably think something like Infinity War is "the perfect film."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

war of the worlds tho. first movie i remember seeing the trailer (that one scene teaser that wasn’t in the actual movie) and thinking i have to watch this asap, back in the vhs days. 

shit is as perfect as blockbusters get and pretty much the greatest showcase of craftsman spielberg.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I've always been more of a Once Upon a Time in the West guy. GBU does have one of my very favorite characters of all time in Tuco but then I don't care nearly that much for the other two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

It is not better on first view.

Requires many views to enjoy fully.

Matter of opinion. The scene with Henry fonda’s gang killing the entire irish family and Henry Fonda making his first appearance on the film, under Morricone’s  divine score, blew me away on first viewing more than anything in “the good, the bad and the ugly”.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Alone the score from the legend Morricone:

it's one of the great westerns, but I would put a couple ahead of it: John Ford's "Stagecoach" (1939) and "The Searchers".Howard Hawks "Red Rver" and "Rio Bravo" and Anthony Mann's "Winchester 73" and "The Naked Spur".

I have a real problem with people who think the Western begins and ends with Sergio Leone, as good as he was.

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It is not better on first view.

Requires many views to enjoy fully.

eh, i feel like i got it. seeing the final standoff on the big screen is a religious experience

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I consider "the perfect film" to be Titanic (and I know people are gonna respond to this with shit like "but the romance!" "but there was room for Jack on the plank!" "but it's a James Cameron film and he's bad!" please shut the fuck up before you start thanks) but I think it's all a matter of taste.  Titanic appeals to me in every way possible so it makes a lot of sense for me to think it's perfect.

got ya covered

Edited by That One Guy