Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

2 minutes ago, Lancelot Gold said:

Love those movies. Fistful of Dollars was my favorite. The "apologize to my horse" scene is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time. 

Ever see "Yojimbo", the fim that "Dollars" is at times a shot for shot remake of?

So much so that Akira Kurosawa sued Leone for plagiarism and won.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I consider "the perfect film" to be Titanic (and I know people are gonna respond to this with shit like "but the romance!" "but there was room for Jack on the plank!" "but it's a James Cameron film and he's bad!" please shut the fuck up before you start thanks) but I think it's all a matter of taste.  Titanic appeals to me in every way possible so it makes a lot of sense for me to think it's perfect.  And I guess if you're big on comic books and such you'd probably think something like Infinity War is "the perfect film."

I honestly agree. Titanic is IMO the quintessential example of a perfect movie

• Like 2

Just now, aabattery said:

If we're doing perfect movies, 12 Angry Men is the one. Not exactly a spicy take but c'mon it's so good.

I haven't seen the movie (pretty far up on my watchlist though) but I did read the script for English class so I'm here to call it a perfect script

Just now, aabattery said:

If we're doing perfect movies, 12 Angry Men is the one. Not exactly a spicy take but c'mon it's so good.

Ahh thats one of the "big classics" i still need to watch. That alongside The Third Man, Vertigo and The Deer Hunter.

Also, random i know, but in honor of The Good the Bad and the Ugly i just want to underline that Ennio Morricone is a gift to mankind. One of the last true legends of world cinema.

Only Angels Have Wings has pretty much everything I (and also you, you just don't know it) could ever want in a conventional narrative movie. There are some I like better, but probably none pack so much so efficiently into their runtime.

Just now, dudalb said:

I think "Lawrence of Arabia" is the  nearest I have seen to a perfect movie.

oh yeah this too.

and NIGHTS OF CABIRIA. and also BILL & TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY

Perfect films “Once upon a time in the West”, “Godfather 2”, “John Carpenter’s the thing”, “apocalypse now”  “psycho” and many more. There have been many times when the stars have aligned in cinema’s history.