Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Only Angels Have Wings has pretty much everything I (and also you, you just don't know it) could ever want in a conventional narrative movie. There are some I like better, but probably none pack so much so efficiently into their runtime.

It's great but my favorite WWII movie is the coming home movie The Best Years Of Our Lives.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

PERFECT MOVIES

ROCKY

NIGHT OF THE HUNTER

A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH/THE RED SHOES

BATMAN RETURNS

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK/BRIDGE OF SPIES

And instead of voting for those in the top 100 list, I have you giving the big points to Roman J Israel Esq, Sucker Punch and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

• Like 1

Just now, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

And instead of voting for those in the top 100 list, I have you giving the big points to Roman J Israel Esq, Sucker Punch and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

there's lots of perfect movies.

• Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

If we're doing perfect movies, 12 Angry Men is the one. Not exactly a spicy take but c'mon it's so good.

was so ready to hate when it when pressed play, but was sooo good and i couldn’t resist loving it. it’s a 10.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

Sallie Gardner at a Gallop is perfect because it does exactly what it sets out to do, and that is to fluidly show the movement of a horse.  Also it's revolutionary.  If that film didn't exist then we wouldn't get the horse in tree scene from The Lone Ranger.

Can't believe I missed all the Spielberg talk.  I grew up idolizing him.  For my money, he's done four movies that rank ten out of ten.  JAWS (the GOAT), E.T., Raiders and Schindler's List.  

SPR is perhaps the best war film ever made and the opening 20 minutes is something that only Spielberg could do.

Temple is electirfying and the mine sequence is something they didn't even know how to film. They just made it up on the fly.

Crusade is pure awesomeness.

Crystal Skull has it's problems but it's so much fun.

I could go on and on but I won't.

Spielberg is the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be imo.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

btw CHECK AGAIN a couple of those movies Made The List.

• Like 1