Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

2b locked they said... avatar dom in trouble they said.. titanic dom in trouble they said

You probably meant Titanic WW.

Now Titanic seem perhaps unreachable unless China over performs like crazy ($550-600M). 

2B might not be locked but still a good chance, TFA WW now still a viable target.

Earlier I mentioned that IW out-grossing TFA WW is inevitable, I spoke too early :P

• Like 1

Deadpool 1 dropped 57% from its opening weekend, following its drops gets IW to ~575M before DP2 opens. DP1 went on to have a 2.75x multiplier but lacked any serious competition outside of BVS (lol). 

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Deadpool 1 dropped 57% from its opening weekend, following its drops gets IW to ~575M before DP2 opens. DP1 went on to have a 2.75x multiplier but lacked any serious competition outside of BVS (lol). 

DP's ow had a 0% Sunday drop and was inflated due to VD so not a good comp imo.

edit: will be tough for AIW to go past 2.60x, 670.0 dom.

Edited by A2k Raptor

None of this is going to matter much, whether it grosses 670m or 730m Dom.  Because it’s OS gross is going to continue to way overperform compared to every other MCU, bringing this movie well past 2B WW.  They’re going to more than make up for any saturation that may or may not be occurring stateside.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, REC said:

None of this is going to matter much, whether it grosses 670m or 730m Dom.  Because it’s OS gross is going to continue to way overperform compared to every other MCU, bringing this movie well past 2B WW.  They’re going to more than make up for any saturation that may or may not be occurring stateside.

Titanic WW is still in play depending on how high China goes. 

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

the BBFC is the most accurate source for me for runtimes (they used to have them down to the second but not anymore) and they say 149. i've heard 156 and 160 but it's 149. me also looking at my watch when the movie ended and having a general understanding of time helped me figure this out too.

a watch? what year is it?

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

2.7x puts the king in serious danger. 

It does, it will be close. I think 2.7x is going to be hard with DP2 and Solo, but it's possible. I'd just be happy if they both crossed 700 million. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

It does, it will be close. I think 2.7x is going to be hard with DP2 and Solo, but it's possible. I'd just be happy if they both crossed 700 million. 

Would be cool to see IW, TA, and BP be #28, 29, & 30 on the all time adjusted chart. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Solo wont do 400 million.

I took 400 in the summer game.  I bet against a Star Wars film once, it won't happen again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

BP vs IW vs Han Solo vs Incredibles 2

ZhoVUo7.gif

Yep, Disney is going to have to hire extra staff just to count all the money it's going to make this year.

• Like 2