Box Office Hit

A Dog's Journey | Universal | May 17, 2019

53 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The footage at CinemaCon tells me this one is going to make a lot of money.  If the last one made $65m being held down by a fake controversy, then this scratching $100m wouldn't shock me.  

28 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

They showed an entire extended trailer.  People were crying.  No joke.  

16 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Wait a fucking second, I have this confused with A Dog's Way Home which I think is by the same author but Sony is releasing.  

This is confusing.   

14 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This is nuts, how can you have 2 movies by the same author that are basically the exact same thing coming out months apart????

14 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Fuck you lazy Hollywood Studio Execs!!!!!!!!!

"A Empire's Journey" 

• Haha 4

This isn’t even comparable to something like Armageddon/Deep Impact.  Those were both broad concepts so it’d make sense for two people to pitch a giant meteor film at the same time (especially in the 90s)

This is literally from the same author,  the same concept (I’m assuming), and have really similar titles.  This is fucking HILARIOUS

I don't know why but the relationship between Ethan and Baily really worked for me in the first. I don't know why but in general watching movies that span stages of someone's lifetime really pack an emotional punch for me, regardless of if they are well-done or not.

Big Fish is my all-time favourite movie.

Forrest Gump is in my top 10

So is Tarzan

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader's story really works for me

Harry Potter growing up etc.

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

I don't know why but the relationship between Ethan and Baily really worked for me in the first. I don't know why but in general watching movies that span stages of someone's lifetime really pack an emotional punch for me, regardless of if they are well-done or not.

Big Fish is my all-time favourite movie.

Forrest Gump is in my top 10

So is Tarzan

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader's story really works for me

Harry Potter growing up etc.

Bicentennial Man! I loved that movie growing up for that exact reason. 

• Like 1

I'll pretty much watch anything with Dennis Quaid in it; I'm not sure why but I really like him as an actor. I saw the first movie of this predominantly because he starred in it, but honestly the film wasn't so bad and found myself enjoying it. I hope this one can hit similar beats!

Although, I have to wait until mid-August to see the film as that's when it comes out here 😢

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

So did you see this @DAJK?

There's literally no theatre within 2 hours from me playing this :( So I'll either have to wait and see if my family is planning a day trip anytime soon, or if a theatre closer to me gets to play it as a filler in one of the coming weeks. 

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

There's literally no theatre within 2 hours from me playing this :( So I'll either have to wait and see if my family is planning a day trip anytime soon, or if a theatre closer to me gets to play it as a filler in one of the coming weeks. 

Looks like your theatre may have made the right call. This didn't do so hot on opening day. Looking at a 8-9M opening weekend.

Just now, JB33 said:

Looks like your theatre may have made the right call. This didn't do so hot on opening day. Looking at a 8-9M opening weekend.

Dog's Way Home did our equivalent of nearly 27M opening weekend back in January. Dog's Purpose we got 3 weeks late as a filler and it did nearly 50M in one week.

I feel like this would have done better than the movie they decided to keep instead (Poms/Uglydolls split)