Box Office Hit

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway | Sony | June 11 2021 | NOT Delayed again

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/peter-rabbit-2-works-sony-pictures-1108910?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Peter Rabbit will be up to old tricks again, and hopefully bring more lettuce, for Sony Pictures.

Off the surprise success of the CG/live-action hybrid, Sony has announced its intent to make a sequel, dating the next installment for Feb. 7, 2020. The movie will open March 27, 2020 in the United Kingdom. Will Gluck, who directed the first movie, will return to write and direct the sequel.

The movie, which saw James Corden voice the popular character from the Beatrix Potter books and also starred Domhnall Gleeson, proved to be an under-the-radar hit when it was released Feb. 8.

The movie grossed $115 million in the U.S. and is, per Sony, the studio’s biggest ever non-James Bond film in the UK, with a $55.7 million cume in that country, where it held the number one spot for four weeks in a row.  It grossed $325 million worldwide.

The movie went after the same audience as Paddington 2, another CG/live-action movie that was based on an iconic British literary property. Paddington 2 has a 100 percent score on Rotten Tomatoes while Rabbit a 62 percent, but, as Sony boasted in its announcement, Rabbit surpassed the lifetime goal of both Paddigton movies. (Despite universal acclaim, Paddington 2 made only $40 million in the US, and $225 million worldwide.)

Edited by Box Office Hit
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Guessing the Loud House Movie will be move if it's even gets off the ground. 

That got pushed a while back, development stopped.

15 minutes ago, Morieris said:

It did? IMDB (I know) still says the same date.

Admittedly, a fan of the show isn't the best source of information, but considering the film didn't get a single mention at CinemaCon, that says a lot.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, Eric! said:

I have to sit through another one of these? Oh Daisy, I hate that I love you so much.

The difference between "Peter Rabbit" and the "Paddington" movies is that the "Paddington" movie were actually good....

• Like 1