8 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

I don't want to start predicting because I can't but... Dark Side is limited and definitely has a cap to its audience. Gotta keep things realistic. I know everybody wants it to be the first $200M opener :P

I mean yeah. But it should do at least as well as the last two

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The summer is kind of clusterfuck in hindsight. We really could’ve spaced out some films for the first third of the year.

Scavenger Wars got most of July to itself tho :sparta:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

Scavenger Wars got most of July to itself tho :sparta:

True but many bad scheduling moves where made.

For example having Bioshock, GOW and HM2 back to back wasn’t wise, hell one of them could’ve been moved to March or February. Also COD and HC back to back is bad. August looks spread out though.

What are you all thinking for Lilo and Stitch? Animation to live actions films in CAYOM have been successful. Lilo and Stitch is a very well known brand and March is dead. Or because review wise it is the weakest of the recent animation to live action trend will is do lower than the previous films?

3 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

What are you all thinking for Lilo and Stitch? Animation to live actions films in CAYOM have been successful. Lilo and Stitch is a very well known brand and March is dead. Or because review wise it is the weakest of the recent animation to live action trend will is do lower than the previous films?

I got it at like 230-250M or something. I have EDF doing more.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

6 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

If Treasure Planet can open to okay reviews and still make $60+million dollars on its OW, then I think Lilo & Stitch can easily eclipse that.

17 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

It’s way better than Treasure Planet’s reviews. Nostalgia is also a factor and no family competition until my own Battletoads, a range of $75M-$100M OW/$230M-$330M.

To be honest I’m most curious on how my family fare (Peoples, Toads, Pigeon, Possible and Miraculous). Stitch is doing somewhere between $230M-$330M and GOW and HC are doing around $100M-$150M.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It’s way better than Treasure Planet’s reviews. Nostalgia is also a factor and no family competition until my own Battletoads, a range of $75M-$100M OW/$230M-$330M.

Now will it eclipse Battletoads? 

Let's say it does numbers in that range and with Chessmen doing solid and My People (according to predictions) looking like a solid hit, will Battletoads feel the fall out? After all, families have limited cash for movies. Can Battletoads perform well?

Also will Spark 2 be like a Marvel PG-13 film and draw families as a cinematic event for all? (4 quadrants). Will this hurt Battletoads since families could be saving money for Spark 2. 

Y4 is my serious year. I learned a lot from Y2 and Y3. From the looks of it Blue and Gold seems solid.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hiccup23 said:

Let's say it does numbers in that range and with Chessmen doing solid and My People (according to predictions) looking like a solid hit, will Battletoads feel the fall out? After all, families have limited cash for movies. Can Battletoads perform well?

Also will Spark 2 be like a Marvel PG-13 film and draw families as a cinematic event for all? (4 quadrants). Will this hurt Battletoads since families could be saving money for Spark 2. 

Battletoads has space after Spark 2 and no real competition until Dan the Alpaca. 

1 minute ago, Hiccup23 said:

Spark 2 does feel more family friendly than Spark 1. Maybe? 

My slate this year is pretty crap scheduling-wise tbh. No real contenders now til Cataclysmic and absolutely zilch in June or July. I'm gonna be doing a lot of spectating from the peanut gallery for actuals.