4 minutes ago, Xillix said:

My slate this year is pretty crap scheduling-wise tbh. No real contenders now til Cataclysmic and absolutely zilch in June or July. I'm gonna be doing a lot of spectating from the peanut gallery for actuals.

Well throw your opinion around since you are a spectator mostly :) 

The domestic race between Spark/Odyssey/NoD and maybe a dark horse outside shot of Scavenger Wars should be exciting

Edit: and I guess of I'm gonna say SW has a chance then PoE does too

Edited by Ethan Hunt

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The real question is does TSW or NOD win the year?

You mean just vs each other? Because ummmmmm... Spark and Odyssey

Spark probably had the biggest built up demand/fanbase of any movie releasing this year. And Odssey is a sequel to a predecessor not quite as popular as Spark I would say but is getting insane critical reception and is likely a BP frontrunner.

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

You mean just vs each other? Because ummmmmm... Spark and Odyssey

Spark probably had the biggest built up demand/fanbase of any movie releasing this year. And Odssey is a sequel to a predecessor not quite as popular as Spark I would say but is getting insane critical reception and is likely a BP frontrunner.

I see both at the $400M-$450M range, I see both TSW and NOD at $475M-$500M+.

• Thanks 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I see both at the $400M-$450M range, I see both TSW and NOD at $475M-$500M+.

:wintf:

I have Spark, Odyssey, and NoD all in the 420-440 or so range. While I have TSW/PoE at like 350

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

:wintf:

I have Spark, Odyssey, and NoD all in the 420-440 or so range. While I have TSW/PoE at like 350

TSW has very solid reviews, has small competition (unlike Spark) and that whole Spark directors and the studio who made Voltron marketing magic.

However I think NOD will be supreme because I wonder how many kids would be intrigued by Scavenger Wars.

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Spark probably had the biggest built up demand/fanbase of any movie releasing this year.

Scrooge 1 was nominated for Best Picture and made more WW than Spark 1...

But why're we fighting when we all know Voltron is king :sparta:

Edited by cookie

A CAYOM remake study:

Treasure Planet- 66  (6 reviews: 2 positive, 4 mixed)

The Road to El Dorado - 71 (6 reviews: 5 positive, 1 mixed) CERTIFIED FRESH

Lilo and Stitch: 75 (6 Reviews: 5 Positive, 1 Mixed)  CERTIFIED FRESH

The Hunchback of Notre Dame- 88

The Prince of Egypt: 88 (7 Reviews: All Positive)  CERTIFIED FRESH

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Scrooge 1 was nominated for Best Picture and made more WW than Spark 1...

But why're we fighting when we all know Voltron is king :sparta:

And BAF but won neither :redcapes:

However NOD will get the gold for BAF... unless the forum decides to troll and give the nomination to something like Blue Dolphins or My Peoples.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Friday, February 1st

Voltron: Rise of Lotor reappeared in #1 over Super Bowl weekend. It was a very depressing weekend with no film topping $10M. Ice Station opened with $7.5M, which is below expectations but pretty average for a Jason Statham. Reviews were negative and audiences didn’t seem thrilled giving it a C+. The rest of the holdovers performed well this weekend. Next weekend, will be the first serious competition for many films.  From Earth to Infinity held very well and should continue to play well as audiences enjoyed the cinematic IMAX experience.

1. Voltron: Rise of Lotor- $9,823,530 million
  2. Conductive- $8,944,016 million
  3. Ice Station- $7,510,030 million
  4. Exorcism of Jessica Winters- $4,851,238 million
  5. Chessmen- $6,098,774 million
  6. From Earth to Infinity: An Odyssey Through Space- $4,687,273 million (-22.0%)
  7. Burnout- $3,494,642 million
  8. And the Band Played On- $3,011,944 million
  9. The Parvelli Reunion- $2,745,996 million
  10. Spyro: Dragon Heart- $2,015,791 million

Friday, February 8th

My Peoples smashed expectations (not surprisingly) with $52.1M. Earning an A- from audiences, My Peoples will play very well until the end of March when its first real competition arrives. It also launched the largest opening weekend of Year 3, but will need a rare 3.84 multiplier to reach the prized $200M. This actually seems pretty possible. President’s Day next weekend could be a nice boost :) . Dark Side launched the largest debut for the Poison and Wine trilogy with $25.3M. The film’s slick and aggressive marketing campaign, which emphasised how the final film was gonna push the R- rating to new limits is a big thanks. Still the box office number never matched the wildly high social media hype. People are probably waiting to watch it on HBO in the secrecy of their own homes. Reviews were slightly improved for the finale and audiences gave it a C+. Dark Side unlike My Peoples is a one week event. Look for it to fade after February 14th. Ice Station fell to $3.4M and will be soon forgotten.

1. My Peoples - $52,134,459 million
  2. Dark Side - $25,258,143 million
  3. Voltron: Rise of Lotor- $7,049,833 million
  4. Conductive- $4,887,302 million
  5. Ice Station- $3,372,228 million (-55.1%)
  6. From Earth to Infinity: An Odyssey Through Space- $2,658,889 million
  7. Exorcism of Jessica Winters- $2,639,458 million
  8. The Parvelli Reunion- $2,550,119 million
  9. Chessmen- $2,335,556 milion
  10. And the Band Played On- $2,330,779 million

Thursday, February 14th (Valentine’s Day)/Friday, February 15th (4-day Presidents’ Day Weekend)

My Peoples unsurprising held to #1 easing down -37.4% on its second weekend. It managed to pull over $40M on its 4-day, which is very encouraging for its future prospects. $200M will still be tight. Father surprised with $15.8M on the three day and $20.6M on the five day. It opened on Valentine’s Day but Father really isn’t a Valentine’s Day film. It saw a strong increase on Friday. Audiences gave it a C rating, which is standard for a horror film. Cupid’s Quest was critically panned and opened with $4.5M on the three day and $6.2M on the five day. Audiences rejected the film with a D+ rating and instead flocked to My Peoples. Cupid’s Quest will burnout soon. Dark Side fell -56% its second weekend and should dive even further next weekend. The film already has surpassed Truth Is so everything here out is bonus cash.

1. My Peoples- $32,564,475 million/$40,814,391 million (-37.4%)
  2. Father - $15,779,393 million/$18,540,116 million/$20,600,007 million
  3. Dark Side- $11,114,781 million/$13,195,204 million (-56.0%)
  4. Cupid's Quest - $4,454,841 million/$5,235,176 million/$6,187,250 million
  5. Voltron: Rise of Lotor- $4,355,205 million/$5,635,767 million
  6. Conductive- $2,548,219 million/$2,941,111 million
  7. And the Band Played On- $2,111,868 million/$2,745,559 million
  8. The Parvelli Reunion- $2,005,385 million/$2,565,249 million
  9. From Earth to Infinity: An Odyssey Through Space- $1,917,129 million/$2,261,110 million
  10. Ice Station- 1,587,224 million/$1,845,590 million

Friday, February 22nd

My Peoples claimed #1 again with $22.0 million. My People currently stands with #133.1M in the bank and will continue to rack in cash over the following weekends. $200M might be out of reach. Livestream fell almost 50% under-predictions with $10.3M. Audiences didn’t seem to react much to the unique filming style. Still it earned a B+ rating from audiences and could potentially far well in the weeks to come. Father fell -63% in its second weekend with a $5.8M weekend.Cupid’s Quest dipped -57.7% with $1.9M. Should continue to fall within this range and disappear soon.

1. My Peoples- $22,045,978 million
  2. Livestream - $10,320,487 million
  3. Father- $5,841,169 million (-63.0%)
  4. Dark Side- $4,217,775 million
  5. Voltron: Rise of Lotor- $2,664,009 million
  6. Cupid’s Quest- $1,884,487 million (-57.7%)
  7. And the Band Played On- $1,559,299 million
  8. From Earth to Infinity: An Odyssey Through Space- $1,365,555 million
  9. Conductive- $1,320,885 million
  10. The Parvelli Reunion- $1,254,393 million
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Yay at My Peoples!! It’s now Endless Animation’s highest grossing movie. Should end at worst at $175M, maybe $190M if we’re lucky. Although good job for Father, should end at $40M. Dark Side did good as well. Also Jesus Christ at Livestream.

However I think Pigeon may top Peoples. I got a Despicable Me feeling from it.

Still thinks there’s a small chance My Peoples ends at $200M. Using Lego Batman as a comparison, the competition seems much lighter as March is barren, so legs should be stronger.

Livestream easily made back its budget with that weekend, so no worries. :P

Also, I don’t think Spark 2’s competition is that bad. RL is obviously a non-starter, while BioShock and God of War are both R-rated action flicks, neither will really eat into Spark. He-Man and The Ofysssey night give it trouble, but it should be pretty safe for the month of May.

I think TSW will still outgross Spark 1, though.

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A CAYOM remake study:

Treasure Planet- 66  (6 reviews: 2 positive, 4 mixed)

The Road to El Dorado - 71 (6 reviews: 5 positive, 1 mixed) CERTIFIED FRESH

Lilo and Stitch: 75 (6 Reviews: 5 Positive, 1 Mixed)  CERTIFIED FRESH

The Hunchback of Notre Dame- 88

The Prince of Egypt: 88 (7 Reviews: All Positive)  CERTIFIED FRESH

Also to add:

Treasure Planet - $244,033,773

The Road to El Dorado - $278,116,595

The Hunchback of Notre Dame - $304,214,771