CaptainJackSparrow

Rambo: Last Blood | September 20 2019 | Rambo going to the old town road one last time

I've just noticed That It's not that bad in Germany.  But It's not great. 

Uk, italy, It's bad.

france It's almost bad. (20% less than. Rambo 4 the first week).

Expect 20% less in international in comparaison with Rambo 4.

So this one could make 100 m WW ...

On 9/30/2019 at 4:41 PM, Laurent K said:

It's a flop everywhere in the world except in the USA...

I don't see how that's an accurate statement. It's hardly unusual for an American centric franchise to skew higher Domestically. A 60/40 split is not at all unusual. My take is this movie is doing as expected, especially based on the projections the studio gave and how it just missed the low end of tracking($20m).

Currently at $40m Dom and barring some wide theater loss should hit $50m in 3-4 weeks with International still opening in more markets and existing adding to the totals.

4 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

I don't see how that's an accurate statement. It's hardly unusual for an American centric franchise to skew higher Domestically. A 60/40 split is not at all unusual. My take is this movie is doing as expected, especially based on the projections the studio gave and how it just missed the low end of tracking($20m).

Currently at $40m Dom and barring some wide theater loss should hit $50m in 3-4 weeks with International still opening in more markets and existing adding to the totals.

Unfortunately, it won't reach 50 m in the usa. 44 m should be the end. 

• Haha 1

Yeah. All in all I'd say this is having a pretty uneventful and expected run worldwide. I guess I expected a better 3rd weekend drop than 58.1% but that's about it.

I don't think I'll get around to seeing it after all but I've heard good things from those who've seen it so I'll definitely check it out on streaming.

I've just noticed that First Blood did gross 47 m in 1982 in USA.

it would be cool if the studio managed to push Last Blood to this mark. 

Ok inflation adjusted, It's not the same story...

Anyway it will depend on the theater count of next week.

we need 3,5 more millions.  

53 minutes ago, Laurent K said:

I've just noticed that First Blood did gross 47 m in 1982 in USA.

it would be cool if the studio managed to push Last Blood to this mark. 

Ok inflation adjusted, It's not the same story...

Anyway it will depend on the theater count of next week.

we need 3,5 more millions.  

Of course you know that 47 Million in 1982 meant a hell of a lot more tickets sold then 47 Million in 2019.

Totally meaningless comparasion.

God, the way Fanboys are trying to ignore that his film is a big box office disappointment is amusing. Yes, it will not lose money because of the low budget but won't make much either.

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Of course you know that 47 Million in 1982 meant a hell of a lot more tickets sold then 47 Million in 2019.

Totally meaningless comparasion.

God, the way Fanboys are trying to ignore that his film is a big box office disappointment is amusing. Yes, it will not lose money because of the low budget but won't make much either.

Yes... i said "inflation adjusted, It's not the same story".

big bo disappointment ? I'm not sure. Experts saw this US BO figure  1 month before the release. They did forecast 20 m OW and 45 at the end.   

it's disappointibg in europa though. 25% less than Rambo 4.

in USA, it Will be only 10% less than Rambo4 (inflarion adjusted) and even more (inflation non adjusted). 

16 hours ago, dudalb said:

As @Laurent K pointed out it had an OW that the studio expected based on tracking. Not sure why you're trying to hang something(zeal?) on "fanboys" when it would seem obvious that the film is going to do what was expected financially....by the studio. Sure, everyone hopes for a breakout but sometimes you get what you expect and thus far Last Blood is just that. Not too far off from say a Resident Evil film. Known quantity, fanbase of 'x' size, budget accordingly and there you have it folks.