CaptainJackSparrow

Rambo: Last Blood | September 20 2019 | Rambo going to the old town road one last time

Agreed.

I don't think, as much as I enjoy them(guilty pleasures that they are), that Barney Ross is going to enter pop culture lexicon status in line with Rocky, Rambo, Bond, Bourne or Indy for example

Yeah I enjoy the expendables series too, its not them at their peak but seeing some of those stars kick ass on the big screen one more time was worth the ticket price for me.

I hope they get a good villain for this movie, and a cool actor for someone in the military trying to reign rambo in.

7 hours ago, MrGamer said:

Welp, I guess this is happening for real this time.

The dude is 72.  Rambo might be a bit past his time.  Then again Ford is doing another Indy and Stallone is in great shape...soooooo....

• Like 1

Everyone's favorite military vet is tackling another politically controversial battle. This time he's prepared to rescue a friend's daughter kidnapped by the Cartel. John Matrix is having flashbacks from this rough outline of a plot.

Is it official? I don't know, but it sounds better than whatever they originally had in mind with the remake. Update this thread as more info comes out, but this seems to be more legit than recent incarnations of a possible continuation of this beloved action series. Clearly the plot brings things closer to home (divisive politics and all), and Stallone's recent boom in retro popularity will make this a more profitable commodity than John Rambo (aka Rambo 2008).

Edited by ThePhasmid

Why is this in the main forum?  This is hardly official right now and Stallone hasn't officially signed on.  There's no release date yet either.

18 hours ago, baumer said:

Why is this in the main forum?  This is hardly official right now and Stallone hasn't officially signed on.  There's no release date yet either.

Actually there's

From Cannes

Edited by Firepower

Stallone has said nothing of this on Instagram and nothing from Millenium or Avi Lerner (assuming he's going to do this, just like he has done the Expendables and the last Rambo).  I think they are trying to sell this to foreign investors right now.  I'm not convinced it's 100% ready to go yet.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Stallone has said nothing of this on Instagram and nothing from Millenium or Avi Lerner (assuming he's going to do this, just like he has done the Expendables and the last Rambo).  I think they are trying to sell this to foreign investors right now.  I'm not convinced it's 100% ready to go yet.

He has now....

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Porthos!!

Okay, now I can get exited.  I don't care if Rambo is 175 years old, Stallone can do it.  I'd love to see him get someone like Ford to play a commanding officer.  Call in a favour from one of his Expendables buddies!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definately paying a ticket to see this in the theater. Loved part 4 with its simplicity and maximum brutality and like the plot in this. Nothing beats part one but four was much, MUCH better than the Reagan-era influenced parts 2 and esp. 3 (3 in particular is a joke in retrospective with Rambo helping the talibans).

• Like 2

Is Stallone directing this thing?  Who is?  This flew in way under the radar...  Budget? Co-stars? 

IMDB lists "Adrian Grunberg" but also "Stallone (rumored)"

My bet is this ultimately goes DTV/VOD.

*And yes, I'm a fan of Stallone and the series, so I'm not just randomly shitting on this.