CaptainJackSparrow

Rambo: Last Blood | September 20 2019 | Rambo going to the old town road one last time

https://deadline.com/2018/10/sylvester-stallone-rambo-5-buyers-still-hungry-lionsgate-1202492703/

Sold to Lionsgate in the US/UK, lots of others across the world.  There's still money in the old guy!

Stallone's got a couple of shots/vids from the set here:

https://www.instagram.com/officialslystallone/?hl=en

56 minutes ago, John Marston said:

is this the most quiet production of a sequel in a well known franchise ever? Also is this supposed to be a theatrical release? 

That was my question.  Obviously I'm sure everyone would intend that from the beginning, but it doesn't always turn out that way.  There's a mention in the Deadline distribution article that AMAZON also has "exclusive first-run SVOD window in the U.S."  which of course could simply mean that they've got the exclusive streaming rights when it first goes to video...but I wouldn't be surprised if this went DTV in the U.S. and perhaps some other places.  It's nice to see that there's money in it...but I don't know if theatrical can be justified.    

As a massive massive fan of Rambo I can honestly say this doesn't really interest me all that much. I will see you in a course but rainbow works best when he's in the jungle. Not when he's fighting people in the city or at his ranch.

54 minutes ago, baumer said:

As a massive massive fan of Rambo I can honestly say this doesn't really interest me all that much. I will see you in a course but rainbow works best when he's in the jungle. Not when he's fighting people in the city or at his ranch.

Who says there won't be the jungle?

12 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Who says there won't be the jungle?

I think they would have showed it in the trailer. I am not attacking Rambo. I'm probably the biggest Rambo fan here at the site. First blood is one of my top 25 films and Rambo First Blood Part 2 is one of my favorite action films of all time. I just don't think this looks like the right kind of film for it to be called Rambo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think they would have showed it in the trailer.

That's not true, this trailer gives wrong impression about plot and locations. This is not "Home Alone" like some people think, they just showed one action scene from the whole movie and people think that the whole movie will be about Rambo killing cartel members on his ranch.

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

I just don't think this looks like the right kind of film for it to be called Rambo.

Again, just wait for the movie. This trailer is misleading.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

If @baumer want to take top Rambo fan spot on this site I'll concede it to him. However, I'm laying claim to the #2 spot and I am excited for this. I think Baumer will come around with his excitement the closer it gets and for sure by the second trailer. 

I don't think any jungle scenes will come into play. Doesn't appear from this initial trailer that the action is going to take us into those parts of Mexico. Sly has flatly stated this is going to have a more western theme to it, think No Country for Old Men