CaptainJackSparrow

Rambo: Last Blood | September 20 2019 | Rambo going to the old town road one last time

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is the running time only 89 minutes? That seems very short

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/rambo-last-blood-film

It's not short for this series. The longest of them is Rambo III at 106 minutes, and the previous movie was around 90 too. That's one thing I appreciate about these movies - given their fairly basic premise they don't tend to overstay their welcome.

• Like 3

Ad Astra for me was the easy pick to come out on top out of the 3 wide openers on Sep 20 but tracking for this suggests it will contend with Downton Abbey for the crown. Looking forward to seeing if Sly gives js a little surprise hit here.

I'm 50/50 on seeing it at the moment. This may be one of the rare instances where I check out reviews.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Firepower said:

There's no reason to wait for critics reviews, they don't like this franchise + woke culture 2019, it won't be fresh on RT even if it's really good.

Why would critics be influenced your opinion on whether it's good?

If it gets bad reviews, it couldn't possibly be because those critics didn't personally enjoy it.

13 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Why would critics be influenced your opinion on whether it's good?

If it gets bad reviews, it couldn't possibly be because those critics didn't personally enjoy it.

Critics rarely like old-school action movies no matter of quality. A lot of people love Rambo 4 and its RT score is around 30%. Only first Rambo is fresh, but without any raves. Why would anyone expect fresh RT here, especially in 2019?

My point is don't look at critics reviews, especially nowadays. If you're interested in the movie, just go watch it, it's as simple as that.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I mean, seriously folks, can you at least try to keep this nonsense to the Joker thread where it belongs*?

* That nonsense actually doesn't belong anywhere, but at least in the Joker thread it is slightly slightly slightly understandable why it might get posted.

Not slightly at all, absolutely understandable for any sane person.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I mean, seriously folks, can you at least try to keep this nonsense to the Joker thread where it belongs*?

* That nonsense actually doesn't belong anywhere, but at least in the Joker thread it is slightly slightly slightly understandable why it might get posted.

Complaining about Disney taking over the world has become passé so now they've turned to complaining about how the world is being ruined by SJWs or whatever, I guess. The ban hammer will probably be coming down before anyone here actually sees Joker.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Orestes said:

Aside from First Blood, no Rambo movie has been well reviewed.

...and I still find all of them enjoyable. Yes, I recognize the overt pulp jingoism in 2 and 3. I know the politics of John Rambo highly offended some critics. A critic I commonly enjoy, Kermode, ripped it for being tasteless and politically incorrect. Understandable, to a certain degree, but I just enjoy these films. It's hard to explain. They fit a certain niche that hits all the right ticks for me in the action genre.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I can't wait for this one! When can we expect reviews?

Looks like it premiered in LA yesterday

https://www.averagesocialite.com/la-events/2019/9/16/rambo-last-blood-premiere-tba

And Lionsgate has declared September 18th as Rambo Day. So tomorrow?

http://collider.com/rambo-day-last-blood/

Also:

• Like 2