CaptainJackSparrow

Rambo: Last Blood | September 20 2019 | Rambo going to the old town road one last time

30 minutes ago, Ilikemovies1130 said:

Actually idk. According to some people who’ve seen this early it really focuses on the PTSD angle and it a much more thought provoking movie then it’s being sold as.

it could do well.

It could be really good, I hope it is, but it would have been trashed by critics even without current politics, just like Rambo 4, critics just very rarely like old-school action movies, they've trashed them since 80s, so it doesn't mean anything. This is general audience movie anyway with the specific fan-base, critics won't affect its box office, especially with late embargo.

Edited by Firepower

Can't wait to see the RT consensus for this one...

"Filled with toxic masculinity, this new entry might satisfy the gorehounds but offers nothing else to root for."

"Irresponsible, irritating and toxic. Not even Rambo can save himself from bloodletting"

"Too much testosterona, too much gore, too much violence. Too much, even for Rambo"

I still think some reviews will mention the scene where explosions make some kind of "wall" and will say this one resembles the wall that Trump wants to build against the mexicans ( who are the villains in the movie ). I'll be surprised if they don't say anything about that scene. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Lmao, I was right. I found this review. It even starts talking about the USA / Mexico relationship...

Critics are very predictable. They can't review a damn Rambo movie. They need to bring Trump in. lol

https://www.tnp.sg/entertainment/movies/movie-review-rambo-last-blood

Sometimes I wonder why those people work as movie critics when they obviously don't want to be movie critics. I also wonder why their higher ups don't care about hiring people who are actually interested in movie journalism rather than ultra leftist political rants, I'm sure there should be a bunch of competent folks who are interested in this gig.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Lmao, I was right. I found this review. It even starts talking about the USA / Mexico relationship...

It is damning that the most impressive aspect of Rambo: Last Blood is that Bulgaria doubled for Mexico.

Then again, given the sequel's content and delicate state of US-Mexico relations, it is no surprise they chose another location.

That movie was planned to shoot in bulgaria since at least 2008, shooting was supposed to start in 2010 (https://web.archive.org/web/20080323173248/http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080320_rambo_5_to_film_in_bulgaria.html😞

http://www.nuboyanafilm.com/

Filmography List

This list contains a small sample of projects over the last 10 years.

UPCOMING YEAR

STUDIO/DISTRIBUTOR

Kane & Lynch 2010 Millenium Films
Rambo V 2010 Millenium Films

Like most Millenium film do:

(2019)

Filming Locations

(2019)

Filming Locations

(2018)

Filming Locations

That where Stallone made all is expendable movies as well, I would imagine they offer good expertise, installation at a good price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Firepower said:

Sometimes I wonder why those people work as movie critics when they obviously don't want to be movie critics. I also wonder why their higher ups don't care about hiring people who are actually interested in movie journalism rather than ultra leftist political rants, I'm sure there should be a bunch of competent folks who are interested in this gig.

I'm sure that's a part of it but I also think these critics just know that in today's climate they're going to get a bounty of clicks if they include some juicy political commentary. There are probably several of them who aren't nearly as passionate about the things they're saying as they seem. In some cases they probably truly don't give a crap, but they know they're stirring the pot so they write it anyway.

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

I'm sure that's a part of it but I also think these critics just know that in today's climate they're going to get a bounty of clicks if they include some juicy political commentary. There are probably several of them who aren't nearly as passionate about the things they're saying as they seem. In some cases they probably truly don't give a crap, but they know they're stirring the pot so they write it anyway.

I think most of them seriously believe in that crap, beyond clickbait titles they barely mention the movie itself, it even feels like political attack (or vice versa) on RT score. And the worst part is that many people blindly look at the percentage, but not reviews, so they don't even consider the possibility of political bias and stupid complaints that has nothing to do with the actual quality. In much better world RT would get rid off percentage and AR because of all that and would just post links to reviews.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

I think most of them seriously believe in that crap, beyond clickbait titles they barely mention the movie itself, it even feels like political attack (or vice versa) on RT score. And the worst part is that many people blindly look at the percentage, but not reviews, so they don't even consider the possibility of political bias and stupid complaints that has nothing to do with the actual quality. In much better world RT would get rid off percentage and AR because of all that and would just post links to reviews.

I've said that before and basically the replies I would get were that it would take time to actually read a review so they don't want to do that 😛

I get this would be the right place do that "ain't nobody got time for that" gif

12 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Critics are very predictable. They can't review a damn Rambo movie. They need to bring Trump in. lol

Yeah there’s stupid stuff at the beginning. No need to bring up Trump. But there are valid criticisms in the review.