CaptainJackSparrow

Rambo: Last Blood | September 20 2019 | Rambo going to the old town road one last time

I know that's only one opinion but one guy who is officially delegated from a smaller but well known German movie website will see this movie tomorrow afternoon (European time). So his review will be published at ca. 5pm EST (American time). He is very neutral and I think more on the fan site so I'm looking forward to his review and will post it of course.

Edited by el sid

IGN gave it 4.5/10 and Den of Geek 2.5/5. And of course both complain about Trump, the movie being "offensive"/"culturally insensitive"/"irresponsible"/"dated in 2019" and that Mexican Cartel members are shown as bad people, lol. Predictable stupidity of woke press as it is.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Firepower said:

IGN gave it 4.5/10 and Den of Geek 2.5/5. And of course both complain about Trump, the movie being "offensive"/"culturally insensitive"/"irresponsible"/"dated in 2019" and that Mexican Cartel members are shown as bad people, lol. Predictable stupidity of woke press as it is.

source.gif

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

I was right, they are saying exactly what I thought they would say. They never disappoint, lol.

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

God, I hate Trump with a passion but also considser the Mexican Cartels to be the scum of the earth.

• Like 1

Last time I checked, drug cartels don't really exist anymore.

Now, we have kind of smaller tribalistic clans/gangs, with satanaism and nihilistic undertones that would make drug cartels look like nice children tales.

But hey, it s all worth it, Elon Musk likes his blunts and he is a genius.

Edited by The Futurist
  • ...wtf 1

I totally understand how certain depictions of different ethnic groups in film can become problematic very quickly. That being said, IGN's review seems ridiculous, as they hardly even mention the quality of the movie itself.

A person or group of people who happen to be Mexican can be portrayed as bad so long as the implication is not Mexicans are bad. Same with any ethnic, religious group or particular orientation. Every group of people on this planet has its bad apples, and its good apples. So as long as the movie is saying "this person who is Mexican is bad" rather than "this person is Mexican therefore they are bad" I do not personally have a problem with it. 

All in all this seems a little ridiculous, but to be fair I have not seen the movie so I don't know how these people were portrayed. 

Well, I'm very disappointed with the final movie. Sly took the great script, maybe the best one in the franchise, and totally ruined it (just like what he did with Cameron's draft of Rambo 2, maybe Last Blood case is even worse). I think this is the worst movie in the franchise. Good job, Sly.

15 hours ago, DAJK said:

A person or group of people who happen to be Mexican can be portrayed as bad so long as the implication is not Mexicans are bad.

Surely you know that there are lots of people that are incapable making this distinction?  Unless you’re a Nazi or a Russian these days,  you’re gonna piss people off.

37 minutes ago, Macleod said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/08/world/americas/mexico-drug-feud-bodies-michoacan.html

When was the last time you saw this happen in the U.S.?  

It's a lie.

Any depiction of a Mexican individual as violent is simply racist. There is no other possible justification. Because no Mexicans have EVER committed violent crime.