That One Girl

The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard | June 16, 2021 | Lionsgate | Patrick Hughes returning to direct | Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson

http://deadline.com/2018/05/hitmans-bodyguard-sequel-lionsgate-ryan-reynolds-samuel-l-jackson-salma-hayek-1202383900/

EXCLUSIVE: Lionsgate is circling U.S. rights to The Hitman’s Bodyguardsequel The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard. The distributor is likely to move on the pic we’re hearing but is waiting for confirmation on key cast. Lionsgate declined comment.

• Like 2

If they can't get all three of them then they can just keep it. The Hitman's Bodyguard was one of my favorite movies from last year especially from the summer season. But it was def all Reynolds, Sam Jackson and Hayek. Would love to see all three back! 

• Like 2

Hayek was the MVP of the first.  Get her back, let her cut loose again and give RR and SLJ good material and this will be a terrific sequel.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

If they can't get all three of them then they can just keep it. The Hitman's Bodyguard was one of my favorite movies from last year especially from the summer season. But it was def all Reynolds, Sam Jackson and Hayek. Would love to see all three back! 

You can't make it without them, imo.

• Like 4

I enjoyed the first one, but I do kind of buy into the complaint that it feels like the script was adjusted to make for a Reynolds/Jackson buddy action comedy flick when it wasn't really conceived as one.

Here, they definitely have the opportunity to make the Reynolds/Jackson buddy element the groundwork of the movie with Hayek alongside them. For that, I'm interested in this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jay Beezy said:

I enjoyed the first one, but I do kind of buy into the complaint that it feels like the script was adjusted to make for a Reynolds/Jackson buddy action comedy flick when it wasn't really conceived as one.

Here, they definitely have the opportunity to make the Reynolds/Jackson buddy element the groundwork of the movie with Hayek alongside them. For that, I'm interested in this.

It was apparently a very serious film but then Reynolds and Jackson got on board and the script changed a bit. It's why there was a shift in tone in the film that put some people off. 

I think if they can cater to Reynolds, Hayek, and Jackson then like @baumersaid it should be a great sequel 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I feel like that was suggested somewhere before. I think he'd fit right in here.

Probably by me in The Hitman's Bodyguard thread! He's quite good at comedy and would be a change from the overly serious roles he does.

Edited by Jonwo

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Probably by me in The Hitman's Bodyguard thread! He's quite good at comedy and would be a change from the overly serious roles he does.

I say we get Gerard Butler as a rival assassin turned ally and Laurence Fishburne as the villain. There's been a running gag between Jackson and Fishburne that fans confuse which movies are theirs, even though they look nothing alike (Jackson has gotten confused for playing Morpheus).

9 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

What if they got Wesley Snipes as the villain? :P

I don't know if it's true but I'm pretty sure I read that the main trio is coming back for this film. 

Now if they get Wesley Snipes for the villain

:ohmygod:

46 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don't know if it's true but I'm pretty sure I read that the main trio is coming back for this film. 

Now if they get Wesley Snipes for the villain

:ohmygod:

Especially considering his history with Reynolds. :P

They should still have Gerard Butler as a rival assassin to Jackson who has also given grief to Reynolds in the past.