That One Girl

The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard | June 16, 2021 | Lionsgate | Patrick Hughes returning to direct | Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson

A lot of people wanted Gerard Butler. He'd be a good fit for a movie like this.

I personally want Laurence Fishburne and/or Wesley Snipes.

I believe I said this earlier in the thread.

EDIT: Yup, I did.

On 5/7/2018 at 8:33 PM, Jay Beezy said:

I say we get Gerard Butler as a rival assassin turned ally and Laurence Fishburne as the villain. There's been a running gag between Jackson and Fishburne that fans confuse which movies are theirs, even though they look nothing alike (Jackson has gotten confused for playing Morpheus).

On 5/12/2018 at 5:35 PM, Jay Beezy said:

What if they got Wesley Snipes as the villain? :P

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised they scheduled this for the LAST weekend in August. The last one was pretty successful. You figure they'd give this one a little more breathing room and release it on August 21 (the third weekend of August, like its predecessor was).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I'm surprised they scheduled this for the LAST weekend in August. The last one was pretty successful. You figure they'd give this one a little more breathing room and release it on August 21 (the third weekend of August, like its predecessor was).

August 21st would have been perfect and Angel has Fallen, another Lionsgate film did well in that slot this year. Either that or Labor Day weekend. 

7 hours ago, Jonwo said:

August 21st would have been perfect and Angel has Fallen, another Lionsgate film did well in that slot this year. Either that or Labor Day weekend. 

Weird, right? Ah well. Whatever floats their boat.

On 1/18/2021 at 2:53 PM, DAJK said:

I might be the only person in the world who's excited for this lol

I'm interested, though not overly excited.

Antonio Banderas as the villain gives me some hope that they'll be leaning more into the comedic aspect, whereas the first film jumped back and forth between comedy and straightforward actioner.

It was inevitable this would move after Free Guy moved to the week before this but good to see something took that now-vacated spot, even if it's destined to get trampled on by the onslaught of Fast 9/Top Gun/Black Widow (assuming they all stick) over each of the following weeks.

Liongate have this confidence after seeing how nobody perform over the weekend. And by June, the situation should be better for bigger number . As a mid size distributor, they can never find have such a empty market for them, albeit some uncertainty

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 6:20 PM, TwoMisfits said:

Taking the Father's Day opening left by Luca...that's actually a good idea...especially with very late summer and early fall getting packed in with films...

I find it odd that studios think a streaming release automatically means less competition.