That One Girl

The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard | June 16, 2021 | Lionsgate | Patrick Hughes returning to direct | Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson

16 hours ago, CJohn said:

11/28

I don't understand Lionsgate. They saved Spiral and this for a year only to dump them on a still dead market.

Free Guy moved to the week before this was supposed to come out and Father's Day weekend became up for grabs after Luca's theatrical release was cancelled. Might as well take advantage of that spot even if it means being crushed by F9 the following week.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Free Guy moved to the week before this was supposed to come out and Father's Day weekend became up for grabs after Luca's theatrical release was cancelled. Might as well take advantage of that spot even if it means being crushed by F9 the following week.

Not only that, but they gave it a couple extra days by putting it on a Wednesday. Hoping to get more with a 5-day opening.

Did anyone else get the trailer for this before A Quiet Place that spent the first 30 seconds bringing back the cheesy voiceover trailer narration that went out of style long ago to basically recap the first one? Even the studio seems to have an idea that everyone quickly forgot the previous movie even existed in the first place lmao.

I'll still watch this, and my dad is pretty excited for this (of course he is). I'm wondering if even if this flops in general, whether this could do well in BC (RR is pretty much a local hero, and with theaters opening here on the movie's OD, it could be something to bring in BC audiences). But maybe not, maybe it will flop here too.

Shocking that critics hate a sequel to a well received by an audience first film.  

This looks like escapist fun and that's pretty much what we need right now.

• Like 3

LOL... this forum will never change.

3 pages of excitement about this movie then RT trashes it and now everyone hates it. 😆

The critics didn't like the 1st one... did anyone really expect them to like this one?

You all live and die by the Tomato way too much.

• Like 3