baumer

Monday number IW 8.3

Before anyone freaks out over a 77% drop, this is normal, schools are in, work is in.  This is obviously going to be a huge weekend film.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Before anyone freaks out over a 77% drop, this is normal, schools are in, work is in.  This is obviously going to be a huge weekend film.

It is also basically the same Sunday to Monday drop as Black Panther had.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Jurassic World was a June opener, though. Not comparable.

better comparison than TLJ and TFA

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

If this were to follow Civil War for the week, it would make about 58 million for the weekend.  If it follows BP, it would be over 60.  Not sure where it will land for the week, but the weekend number is going to be less than a 50% if it follows other Marvel films.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

It will be lucky to get over 50 million.

Tell me what model you are basing this on.  Every film I've used has it at 55 minimum and if you use BP, it goes to about 60 million.

actually if you use bP, which I think is too aggressive, then it gets to 66 for the weekend.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Jurassic World was a June opener, though. Not comparable.

So ? It’s not like  IW’ second weekend was that much bigger than JW to say that being a non summer film, IW is gaining on weekends what it is starting to loose on weekdays. JW had a 54+ million third weekend, I doubt IW will go over that. The celeing for this, in the u.s , is lowering with every single day.

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That's true as well.

For what's worth, Black Panther, Avengers and Age Of Ultron are the best comparables imo.

You can't use the first Avengers, which came out in 2012 because tuesdays weren't nearly as big back then as they are now.  Avengers actually fell on it's second Tuesday, that clearly won't happen this time.

• Like 3