ZeeSoh

Tuesday (9/5):- Infinity War - 10.67m

Infinity War grossed about 10.5m according to Empirecity and Rth. 

Thats a 26.76% jump from Monday. For reference here are the increases for comparable MCU movies

Infinity War - 26.76%

Guardians 2 - 26.5%

Black Panther - 26%

Civil War - 24.8%

I am not going too far back as discount Tuesdays have become more common recently so the comparison will be skewed. 

So the increase is exactly in line with recent MCU movies. I hope there wont be any meltdowns today

Also here are the weekly drops for IW and some other comparable MCU movies 

Guardians 2 - 50.8%

Black Panther - 51.1%

Avengers - 52%

AoU - 54.4%

Infinity War - 55.1%

Civil War - 56.9%

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

So the weekend looks to be heading for 60M

Wed: 7.0M

Thu: 6.5M

Fri: 15-16M

Sat: 26-27M

Sun: 17-18M

Adding 15M for weekdays next week, IW should be at 560M when Deadpool arrives.

Multipliers from pre-Memorial day Weeknds:

Avengers: 3.98x

IM3: 2.99x

TA2: 3.24x

CW: 2.85x

GoTG2: 3.55x

If IW shows signs of good legs and drops only 50% against Deadpool, i.e. 30M weekend, I will give it a 3.5x multiplier for 665M finish.

If it drops close to 60% against Deadpool, i.e. 25M weekend, I will give it a 3.0x multiplier for 635M finish.

For reaching 700M, IW will have to drop less than 45%, i.e. 35M weekend, and then will have to get 4x multiplier. Too difficult, unless it surprises this weekend and gets close to 65M.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

So this has a good chance of missing even 650 million in the u.s ...wow.

......... man i don t kow what to say anymore....... at this point etheir you are a MEGA troll or you just have a problem...... i mean everyday everyday it s kinda frustrating now......

• Like 17
  • ...wtf 1

7M Wed

6.7M Thu

16.2 Fri (140%)

25.8M Sat (60%) 

18M Sun (-30%)

60M 3rd weekend?

545M after 17 days.

Add in a conservative 2x its 3rd weekend, +120M. Close to 670M. Not enough fuel to reach BP

1 hour ago, Fake said:

So the weekend looks to be heading for 60M

Wed: 7.0M

Thu: 6.5M

Fri: 15-16M

Sat: 26-27M

Sun: 17-18M

Adding 15M for weekdays next week, IW should be at 560M when Deadpool arrives.

Multipliers from pre-Memorial day Weeknds:

Avengers: 3.98x

IM3: 2.99x

TA2: 3.24x

CW: 2.85x

GoTG2: 3.55x

If IW shows signs of good legs and drops only 50% against Deadpool, i.e. 30M weekend, I will give it a 3.5x multiplier for 665M finish.

If it drops close to 60% against Deadpool, i.e. 25M weekend, I will give it a 3.0x multiplier for 635M finish.

For reaching 700M, IW will have to drop less than 45%, i.e. 35M weekend, and then will have to get 4x multiplier. Too difficult, unless it surprises this weekend and gets close to 65M.

I’m confused at this. If IW is at 560 by time when Deadpool opens and then makes 25 million that weekend. It will be at 585 Million   Then a 3x multiplier from 25 gives an extra 75 million taking the total to 660m. So how are u getting 635?

I’m confused, how exactly are you getting these multies? Your multies are all sorts of wonky

For example, Avengers made 55.64m in its weekend before Memorial day and went on to make 165.69m more for a 2.98x multi off of its 3rd weekend. I’m getting precisely 1-x (x being ur multi) as you. 

Regardless you cannot take 3rd weekend multipliers and then apply it to the 4th weekend of Infinity War. Multipliers tend to generally get better in most cases as weekends pass so a 4th weekend multiplier will be better than a 3rd weekend one. 

You can only apply the 3rd weekend multipliers above to Infinity Wars third weekend of 114.5m

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I’m confused at this. If IW is at 560 by time when Deadpool opens and then makes 25 million that weekend. It will be at 585 Million   Then a 3x multiplier from 25 gives an extra 75 million taking the total to 660m. So how are u getting 635?

I’m confused, how exactly are you getting these multies? Your multies are all sorts of wonky

For example, Avengers made 55.64m in its weekend before Memorial day and went on to make 165.69m more for a 2.98x multi off of its 3rd weekend. I’m getting precisely 1-x (x being ur multi) as you. 

You're not counting the weekend numbers themselves. The 3x multiplier from 25 gives you 75 which should be added to the gross as it is before the weekend, i.e. 560m.

To put it another way, when a movie opens with 100 and finishes with 300 we consider that a 3x multi because the 100 is part of the 300. We don't say it got 2x because it added 2x its opening weekend after that weekend. The same applies to non-opening weekends. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

You're not counting the weekend numbers themselves. The 3x multiplier from 25 gives you 75 which should be added to the gross as it is before the weekend, i.e. 560m.

To put it another way, when a movie opens with 100 and finishes with 300 we consider that a 3x multi because the 100 is part of the 300. We don't say it got 2x because it added 2x its opening weekend after that weekend. The same applies to non-opening weekends. 

You are talking about total multipliers, I am talking about multipliers off of a weekend. I guess the way it has been worded got me confused. Usually when I write my multipliers off of a weekend  I mean to say how much it will make AFTER the weekend and not counting the weekend itself. Semantics I guess

Nonetheless my part about applying 3rd weekend multipliers to 4th weekend numbers being wrong still stands. You cannot do that

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2