ZeeSoh

Tuesday (9/5):- Infinity War - 10.67m

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I think I'm starting to become a bit of a new Marvel loonie.

Welcome, here you go:

DSC_0024.jpg

Ultron is the one I want to see next, along with M3, two films I did not like at all.

Don't.  Stop.  Save yourself.  Danger, Will Robinson, Danger.

As for the numbers and IW's legs.  I think Deadpool's a red herring.  It's gonna die Memorial Day weekend.  Solo, though.  Solo is a larger threat due to is taking over the IMAX and larger theaters.

A Quiet Place:

Remainder of this week: 1.5M (163.2M Total)

May 11: 7M (2.6M weekdays, 172.8M Total)

May 18: 4.7M (1.8M weekdays, 179.3M Total)

May 25: 3.3M (1.8M weekdays, 184.4M Total)

Jun 1: 2M (1M weekdays, 187.4M Total)

Jun 8: 1.4M (800k weekdays, 189.6M Total)

Jun 15: 1M (500k weekdays, 191.1M Total)

Jun 22: 600k (400k weekdays, 192.1M Total)

Final Total: 195M (3.88x)

It needs a sub-30 hold against Deadpool for 200M to be likely. Paramount is going to do whatever they can over the next few weeks to get this to 200M. The hold on June 1 when Action Point is out could be a fudge. The Blu-Ray is out July 10, so if it's at 195-196M before the end of June, Paramount will go through with a fudge.

30 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Is Mother's Day likely to cut into IW Sunday's gross...like it did for CW?

Not quite as much. There doesn't seem to be any movie out that weekend designed to take advantage of it like there was for CW, where a movie literally called Mother's Day was in theaters. That was the movies 2nd weekend and it increased by 33%.

Edited by Orestes

Just now, Orestes said:

Not quite as much, there doesn't seem to be any movie coming out that weekend designed to take advantage of it like there was for CW, where a movie literally called Mother's Day was in theaters.

Life of the Party and Breaking In both have mothers as their protagonists. I'm expecting a Snatched-like OW for both of them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

IW I think will also benefit from decent legs after Memorial day as Incredibles 2 opens in mid-June. 

As I said it depends if Deadpool and Solo don't overperform though which I dont think they will. 

Do Deadpool and Solo really need to overperform to damage IW legs? They just need to perform as expected, which is as two $300m+ movies. Their audiences are similar so you'd think those 2 new releases will eat away at IW legs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Life of the Party and Breaking In both have mothers as their protagonists. I'm expecting a Snatched-like OW for both of them.

Poor Tully. Already forgotten.

• Sad 1