kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

54 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Just to be clear and no disrespect to @IronJimbo (just a little WTF ;)), Jim never actually said he wants $3b.

Of course not . But it could be true.

11 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Titanic now wouldn't get the oscars it did back then, it's different academy than it was 20 years ago

Maybe not sure but Netflix would absolutely hurt it. 

21 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Dude, I am the one who argued with zeitgeist in A2 thread like a month ago. Don't be rude and immature.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to embarrass you.

EDIT: can you explain what “argued with zeitgeist” means? 

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Like... Endgame will sell 40% more tickets in Mexico than Avatar's biggest OS-C market, UK.

When they mock Endgame or Avengers in general saying and "And what, Endgame broke records in like... X country" is always some Latin American country. I'm tired of their condescendence. 

But the Avatar gang made perfectly clear their thoughts about Latam during Alita run so I'm not surprised

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 10

Just now, salvador-232 said:

Whey they mock Endgame or Avengers in general saying and "And what, Endgame broke records in like... X country" is always some Latin American country. I'm tired of their condescendence. 

But the Avatar gang made perfectly clear their thoughts about Latam during Alita run so I'm not surprised

Agreed this is why people dislike avatar Stans so much. Honestly who can blame them. They generate 99% of the animosity themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Like... Endgame will sell 40% more tickets in Mexico than Avatar's biggest OS-C market, UK.

You know, I wasn't sure the dream for Endgame #1 worldwide was dead until this post and the wild, vaguely sad applause for it.

Good game, MCU, until next time! Your OW was truly impressive! You sold a lot of tickets! There's enough ammo (exchange rates, Netflix, tickets sold) to explain in Youtube comment sections why Endgame is ackshually the #1 movie WW. Avatar had some divine intervention, I was sure the record was going down. And I wouldn't be that surprised if a future Avengers movie was the one to do it. The battle may be over, but the war is just beginning.

• Like 1

This is now by far the biggest thread for an individual movie in the International section of the forum:

142 pages and 2,827 replies

It will probably be the first to reach more than 3,000 replies and may well be the first to reach 150 pages.

Other threads with at least 60 pages:

Avengers Infinity War: 129 pages and 2,573 replies

Marvel's the Avengers: 112 pages and 2,220 replies

Frozen: 109 pages and 2,172 replies

The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey: 85 pages and 1,689 replies

Amazing Spider-Man: 84 pages and 1,679 replies

Iron Man 3: 79 pages and 1,574 replies

Avengers Age of Ultron: 73 pages and 1,457 replies

Man of Steel: 62 pages and 1,225 replies

Star Wars The Force Awakens: 60 pages and 1,180 replies

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Whey they mock Endgame or Avengers in general saying and "And what, Endgame broke records in like... X country" is always some Latin American country. I'm tired of their condescendence. 

Are you talking about Shay? Because I don't think anyone else in the Jim Gang said anything about Latam. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Are you talking about Shay? Because I don't think anyone else in the Jim Gang said anything about Latam. 

On 2/24/2019 at 4:18 PM, TimmyRiggins said:

Man, fuck Latin America on this,

On 2/24/2019 at 5:38 PM, shayhiri said:

They will never again see backwaters Latin America as the setting of a big movie (and when was the last time it ever happened??) - so I guess they should care...

And you'll never guess who liked Shay post! 

I also remember mocking of Bolivia during Infinity War but I honestly I can't be bothered to search it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, salvador-232 said:

And you'll never guess who liked Shay post! 

I also remember mocking of Bolivia during Infinity War but I honestly I can't be bothered to search it. 

Thanks for linking. *shrug* I guess I try to avoid the "country wars" (especially in developing markets) because no good can come of it. WW is more fun and wholesome (and interesting to me, with only DOM and China being the individual countries I look at due to their sheer size).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

What is happening with all the threads today? Weekend thread, OS thread... I come here for numbers, not some useless war zone.

It's finally sunk in that Endgame isn't getting #1 WW and everyone is doing post-mortems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

What is happening with all the threads today? Weekend thread, OS thread... I come here for numbers, not some useless war zone.

there is no stopping it,there is only,the war :gold:

This is why I don’t bother to comment in this thread much and just follow for numbers. It’s getting more and more embarrassing in here every day.

Very happy about EG’s performance btw. After IW breaking out last year, really thought EG gonna at best match it, not massively increase like this, especially after just one year. The two-part story gonna combined to be close to 5B WW. Crazy for a sub-studio.

China delivered big time, as did Asia in general, but the performance in Europe is really impressive as well, breaking out past the genre with 500M+.

Latin America is the most unfortunate though. EG easily trumped The Avengers (2012) in admissions and local currency everywhere there, but in total US dollars I don’t think it’s much ahead. Anyone can provide me the total for EG in Latin America up to now? Last I read it was around $220M? (TA had 207M for the region)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1