kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

He is not my alt, The number of Titanic lovers is more than what you can imagine

@Water Bottle ,you are welcome to prove it.

I didn't think it was you, but I think its possible its another alt.

You never gave me the impression you'd step down to such kind of behaviour, I never even considered to add you to ignore, you never behaved troll-ish or ....

(= the opposite of those who earned their suspension, I hope its clear what I mean)

• Like 1

• Community Manager
6 hours ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Yea yea yea, we get it Titanic2187 

You don't need an alt to say the same thing over and over again

Please don't accuse people of being alts. If you are suspicious, please contact a staff member via PM.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

ANd what happened with Titanic, as far as being a pop culture phenomenon, ain't nothing compared to when "Star Wars:ANH" came out in 1977......

"

Titanic had a bigger single run adjusted than ANH, not to mention the international appeal was greater though I guess it's far easier to obtain pop culture for a movie which transforms into a franchise and sells countless amounts of merchandise. Going by single runs though, E.T was bigger than Star Wars. The most impressive part of ANH's run was how its re-release made 137m which adjusts to 263m today without 3d. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The number has reduced in India. When Titanic released, a Bollywood blockbuster used to hit 100mn admissions, today 35-40mn tops.

That may be true but Hollywood movies are taking up a higher percentage of the market share than they were 20 years ago so comparing Bollywood ticket sales is useless.

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I do not doubt ~ #1 of the year, but reaching similar high numbers as the best MCU disc sales.

e.g.

Avengers 1 (only US, DVD + Blu-Ray, excl renting)

Home Market Performance
Est. Domestic DVD Sales $118,173,205 Details
Est. Domestic Blu-ray Sales $120,527,710 Details
Total Est. Domestic Video Sales $238,700,915

same conditions, Avengers 3

Home Market Performance
Est. Domestic DVD Sales $22,055,413 Details
Est. Domestic Blu-ray Sales $97,267,152 Details
Total Est. Domestic Video Sales $119,322,565

Its going downwards in general for discs (but up for digital), as we all know, but I think its possible the Disney+ advertising campaign might speed up the disk downwards path.

As high as the BO of A4 got, it might be still higher too, as more people have seen it, as higher might be that part, but I guess e.g. not as high as possible without the Disney+ announcements.

Hmmm, centre stage for that was CM, as being the first to get streamed solely there, might get hit harder, we'll see.

Btw, Black Panther and CA 3 hailed in more Blu-ray sales per count than Avengers 3, but with the average price for A3 Blu-Ray's being higher, both earned less than A3. See your comment about 4k (and other special editions).

Disney touted that AIW had their highest ever Digital sales.    Before that it was GOTG2.  (BP didn't pass GOTG2 on digital though ahead on physical media)

According to the 2018 MPAA breakdown Digital sales for movies & TV are now 3 times as much as physical media.

Digital has gone up from $7.6B in 2014  to $17.5B in 2018 (2018 was 24% ahead of 2017, 29% for just movies)

Physical media has gone down from $10.3B in 2014 to $5.8B in 2018

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Digital has gone up from $7.6B in 2014  to $17.5B in 2018 (2018 was 24% ahead of 2017, 29% for just movies)

Physical media has gone down from $10.3B in 2014 to $5.8B in 2018

hence what I mean with death of discs

I think all that streaming helps to push up the digital numbers and holds the shovel for the disc's grave (if that makes sense), Disney+ adding to that

:wacko::(

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

According to the 2018 MPAA breakdown Digital sales for movies & TV are now 3 times as much as physical media.

Maybe it is implied by what you are saying, but that 17.5B include subscription service too (and for many of them it is really unclear how much is for tv or for movies)

17.5B digital, 5.8B physical

13.3B in subscription service, 10B in transactional.

If we assume almost none of the physical sales are for subscription service (what become of Netflix by mail for example)

EST/VOD type could be about 4.3B sales vs 5.7B for physical sales.

For Liongates for feature film alone in 2018 (first year digital got ahead I think)

Digital media: 157.2M

Packaged media: 108.4M

http://investors.lionsgate.com/~/media/Files/L/LionsGate-IR/annual-reports/2019-annual-report.pdf

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The number has reduced in India. When Titanic released, a Bollywood blockbuster used to hit 100mn admissions, today 35-40mn tops.

B2 cross 120m admission,am I right?and india population is increase,am I right?so it has no competition between rhese two great movie,they are both popular in India.

1 hour ago, Chucky said:

That may be true but Hollywood movies are taking up a higher percentage of the market share than they were 20 years ago so comparing Bollywood ticket sales is useless.

-MCU they are still at range they were years ago. Biggest film before Titanic was at 16mn, biggest non-MCU this decade is Fate of the Furious at around 11mn. (I missed The Jungle Book and The Lion King but need to understand that they basically played as Hindi films with GA).

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

I didn't think it was you, but I think its possible its another alt.

You never gave me the impression you'd step down to such kind of behaviour, I never even considered to add you to ignore, you never behaved troll-ish or ....

(= the opposite of those who earned their suspension, I hope its clear what I mean)

I love EG,too.I am not mean to compare these movies,just tell some people about some true.I wastch the movie in3 times when EG release in China and call my mother to watch the movie(even she don't like America movie.)

4 minutes ago, Tag 2 said:

B2 cross 120m admission,am I right?and india population is increase,am I right?so it has no competition between rhese two great movie,they are both popular in India.

B2 isn't Bollywood film. It's among very few films that had whole India as target audience. In North India, the Bollywood territory, it had 50mn admissions, which is untouchable.

1 minute ago, Tag 2 said:

I love EG,too.I am not mean to compare these movies,just tell some people about some true.I wastch the movie in3 times when EG release in China and call my mother to watch the movie(even she don't like America movie.)

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure why you quoted me with that oin connection to your post?

Have a lot of fun here!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

B2 isn't Bollywood film. It's among very few films that had whole India as target audience. In North India, the Bollywood territory, it had 50mn admissions, which is untouchable.

You still don't get me.......

I mean,Titanic and EG both popular in India,so the world,why we have too compare them?or Avatar?they are all box offoce blcokbuster at their own time,1998,2009,2019?

They are both great movie,and popular movie.......not only in India,in China,EG attract so many young peple.to see that,even the people who don't know waht marvel is.

• Like 1

I re-watched Endgame. No change of rating from first watch, but possibly may reduce a bit in future, as I think it lack repeat watch ability.

I, this time, liked conclusion scenes in the end, which frankly speaking I didn't in first watch but then I just wanted to get over with Morag & Vormir sequence of film, which I liked in first watch given the suspense of knowing. 

I have watched Infinity War around 12-13 times (3 times in theatre), I guess Endgame I might not able to cross 5 times in one year (the current count is 2).

The approx watch count of phase 3

Civil War  ~ 4

Dr Strange ~ 3

GoTG 2 ~ 3

Spider-man: HC ~ 6

T:R ~ 7

BP ~ 5

A: IW ~ 12

AM&TW ~ 3

CM: 2

A: EG: 2

SM: FFH: 1

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

He is not my alt, The number of Titanic lovers is more than what you can imagine

@Water Bottle ,you are welcome to prove it.

Oh I love Titanic too, not the best Cameron movie but very very good movie nonetheless, it's the same repetitive statements that are annoying, we all know how huge Titanic was, plus this is Avengers Endgame thread.

P.S: saying that this account was an alt was sarcasm as he/she talks identically the same as you regarding Titanic and it's achievements.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I re-watched Endgame. No change of rating from first watch, but possibly may reduce a bit in future, as I think it lack repeat watch ability.

I, this time, liked conclusion scenes in the end, which frankly speaking I didn't in first watch but then I just wanted to get over with Morag & Vormir sequence of film, which I liked in first watch given the suspense of knowing. 

I have watched Infinity War around 12-13 times (3 times in theatre), I guess Endgame I might not able to cross 5 times in one year (the current count is 2).

The approx watch count of phase 3

Civil War  ~ 4

Dr Strange ~ 3

GoTG 2 ~ 3

Spider-man: HC ~ 6

T:R ~ 7

BP ~ 5

A: IW ~ 12

AM&TW ~ 3

CM: 2

A: EG: 2

SM: FFH: 1

so please stop compare the numbers of amission or box office,no competition.The population is increase,and the number of cinema  are increase.

24 minutes ago, Tag 2 said:

so please stop compare the numbers of amission or box office,no competition.The population is increase,and the number of cinema  are increase.

Then why Chile went from 75 million admission in 1967 (with a population of 9 million) to 28m admission in 2018 (with a population of 18m)? And then why the number of cinemas in the center of the capital went from 37 in the 60's to just one today ? 

Is almost as there are different factors behind admissions than just population increase.

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Then why Chile went from 75 million admission in 1967 (with a population of 9 million) to 28m admission in 2018 (with a population of 18m)? 

Is almost as there are different factors behind admissions than just population increase.

Spain too. The admission has been decreasing over time. I read that in Spain thread...

1 hour ago, Tag 2 said:

Population growth in India is at 1.5% now compared to 1960-70 it was 3%. So the population did increase but it wasn't much. Also movies in 20th century used to stay in theatres for more than 2-3 years and used to gross less but admission were high. Now movies don't last more than 2-3 months in theatres and also they gross more but admissions are way too low. So End game can be called as blockbuster movie in India whereas Titanic was just hit movie...

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1