kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Oh, got it. Thank you, I wasn't able to crack the OS-C weekday numbers.

Unlike Jatinder, I do think OS-C has at least $100m more in the tank this Friday until the end of the run.

I agree that Endgame needs better drops to top Avatar with at least some distance, but it seems completely reachable for me.

$1300m OS-C, $638m C, $850m Dom, like you said.

Avatar will end up getting topped with late Summer numbers from the domestic haul. It's kinda poetic, haha.

I wish I were as optimistic as you with that 850 Dom.

Anyway, how much can Disney push a movie? ( take examples from some previous movies?)

59 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

I wish I were as optimistic as you with that 850 Dom.

Anyway, how much can Disney push a movie? ( take examples from some previous movies?)

Less than 5M. Don't know what they'll do to take the all time title though.

3 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Exchange rates + 3D. 

So Avatar has XR and 3D. XR must be the best argument against Avatar, they were great back then nearly everywhere.

AEG has Inflation (some countries have higher TP even though 3D was at its peak back than), markets being developed much more (especially China)... I think this is the best argument for Avatar.

Of course, we can just imagine how much it would have done with todays state of the markets.

To sum up, it's especially visible that Avatar did much better in Europe and AEG does much better in Asia. There are many factors to be considered, which makes comparing both hard. But I think seeing that Avatar destroyed all previous records while for AEG it's still not safe to say if it can pass that movie, Avatar was more impressive...

Still, AEG is huge, the OW was something unprecedented and I think the legs are okay for that movie. I already got to GA with its OW and those should be the ones to balance the drop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Juby said:

Bullshit. Endgame is still heading to somwhere around $2.8B ww.

Nah. Look at the percentages and totals through each Sunday.

1st: $1.224b

2nd: $971m (-20.7%)

3rd: $295m (-69.4%)

4th: $128m approx. (-56.4%)

That puts us at $2.618b through 4 weeks. Even if the drops only reach 50% going forward, we’re only at $2.738b in another month. It’s not legging out another $50m after that when it’s down to under $10m a week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Juby said:

Bullshit. Endgame is still heading to somwhere around $2.8B ww.

The margin is so thin though, we're approaching a 50/50 situation again, which is hard to imagine just 2 weeks ago.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

That puts us at $2.618b through 4 weeks. Even if the drops only reach 50% going forward, we’re only at $2.738b in another month. It’s not legging out another $50m after that when it’s down to under $10m a week. 

You don't know that. You are just speculating, just like everyone else.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

With your math, it needs 45% drops every week to get to 2.760b+ after week 8, which still very possible and squeeze pass Avatar a few week later. If this weekend drop is sub 50% then I can see it happening. Nothing is done deal yet.

6 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

With China extension officially being denied, it will come down to a razor thin margin. 

extension not gonna do much different though,just around 5M.And i think it will have bigger margin than that either over or under